About the role:
The entire market is betting on Microsoft more than ever before. Microsoft is seen as the most indispensable vendor for the future. According to a new Goldman Sachs survey of CIOs, Microsoft is increasing its margin as the most strategic technology vendor today and over the next three years. As evidenced in recent earnings reports, Microsoft is seeing incredible growth across the company, demonstrating that businesses are betting on Microsoft in some way to move to the cloud.
Who is Microsoft’s #1 partner in the World? Avanade! Avanade has a leading position in the market when it comes to Microsoft in the enterprise and In fact, we were just named the U.S. Microsoft Systems Integrator Partner of the Year for the 10th consecutive year and were awarded the 2017 Worldwide Consulting & SI Microsoft Azure Alliance Partner of the Year.
To take us to new heights of success with Microsoft and our clients, we are seeking a NA Microsoft Marketing Lead who will be responsible for creating and driving the Microsoft partner marketing strategy and co-marketing programs to support Avanade’s NA regions, focused on enterprise clients. This role will focus on deepening Avanade relationships with Microsoft, and driving programs and events that grow awareness of Avanade’s value proposition in the Microsoft ecosystem.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Create and drive the North America (US and Canada) Microsoft partner marketing strategy and co-marketing programs.
- Take the lead role in defining overall go to market plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and work with regional teams to drive implementation.
- Oversee cross-regional initiatives such as Microsoft awards programs, major Microsoft events (eg: Envision, Ignite, sales conferences).
- Create NA-specific content as needed, drafting from globally created content.
- Oversee the business case, request and implementation of co-funding.
- Develop strong business relationships with Microsoft counterparts supporting our alliance. Work with regional client marketing managers (CMMs) to create relationship maps and relevant communication and program plans.
- Align vertical focus and funding for joint campaigns/activities into regional marketing plans to supplement regional marketing activities (This may be with just Microsoft or also include Accenture at times)
- Facilitate the creation of current and relevant Avanade client success stories for distribution to Microsoft field sales teams while also working with Microsoft to develop joint client success stories
- Coordinate the strategy and approach for field cross-participation at Microsoft’s large customer events such as Envision, Ignite.
- Assist with the execution of Dynamics465marketing plans and campaigninvestment decisions based on market opportunity and analysis and competitive landscape
- Determine a set of KPIs for Dynamics marketing activities in collaboration with other teams
- Manage co-marketing funding and ROI
- Track "to and thru" quarterly activities and report on a regular basis.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the community’s whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Likely years’ experience
Eight or more years’ experience in Field Marketing, Channel, Partner or Alliance Marketing experience.This is a hands-on role so must be able to show examples of building campaign content and also drive campaigns.
- Previous Microsoft experience is strongly preferred
- Previous Microsoft Diamond Foundation ( MDF) Partner experience is strongly preferred
In addition, your skillset likely includes-
- Highly proactive individual who can work with multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels and drive programs from concept to full implementation and maintain great relationships with both internal and external teams
- Able to work independently and excel in a teamwork environment
- Requires agility and flexibility in responding to multi-faceted industry dynamics as well as competing internal priorities.
- PROVEN ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent executive communication skills. Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, content writing and editing skills
- Effective prioritization, organization and multi?tasking skills
- Experienced in event management, social media, digitalmarketing
- Able to travel domestically required
Your education likely Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired, MBA a plus
Is An Equal Opportunity Employer, Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Requisition ID - 50772