The Lucas Group is searching for a talented and enthusiastic Marketing Operations Manager to add as a key member of our client’s marketing team in Washington, D.C. Our client is a global AmLaw 100 law firm with experience offering clients forward-looking, results-oriented solutions that resolve their US, international and cross-border legal needs.
The Marketing Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department including facilitating the smooth administrative functioning of the team and the Department’s interaction with other resources in the Firm.
- Development and ongoing management of the Marketing Department Budget
- Facilitating the development of the Firm-wide Business Development budgets and expense approvals.
- Working closely with Marketing Directors to manage the administrative requirements for strategic projects and initiatives.
- Managing the onboarding and lateral attorney integration process within the Marketing Team.
- Scheduling and assisting in the planning and organization for Practice Chair and Partner/Counsel meetings.
- Coordinating the Marketing Department resources around new office openings
- Managing and facilitating relationships with Marketing vendors including photographers, videographers and others as needed across firm-wide offices.
- Working with the Firm and Marketing Department resources to implement projects like the History project and Alumni initiative.
- Manage the compliance of Marketing Department contracts with Consulting and other relevant departments.
- Creating and maintaining the department org charts, job descriptions and job postings.
- Interfacing with administration on Marketing Department space and equipment requirements.
- Coordinating orientation and integration of the Marketing team staff firm-wide.
- Managing the Marketing Department Intranet pages.
- Development of Marketing Department Policy and Procedures documentation and communication.
- Planning the Marketing Department meetings, retreats and social gatherings.
· BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or a related field is required.
- 6+ years of marketing communications or related business management required (in the professional services area desired.)
- Previous law firm marketing experience a significant plus.
- Strong computer skills; preferred proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Expert in managing, analyzing and reporting in Excel.
- Experienced user of PowerPoint to create reports, org. charts, and graphs.
- Demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism, and the ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
- Excellent managerial, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Successful candidates will be confident and comfortable working with senior administrative management of the Firm.