The American Chemical Society is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to join the Marketing, Sales and New Product Innovation Department in the ACS Publications Division.
The Marketing, Sales and New Product Innovation Department is responsible for developing marketing strategies and implementing sales programs for the ACS Publications Division’s product lines. Inherent to this is analyzing all results and recommending future direction for the marketing and positioning of ACS Publications’ products within the chemical/scientific community marketplace. The Marketing Department is committed to building a better online, purchasing, and reading experience, as well as improving the scholarly research and communications environment for both the customer and the end user. Key constituents include institutional librarian administrators, corporate librarians, authors, reviewers, ACS members, editors, and the range of end-users (subscribers and non-subscribers).
A critical function of the Marketing Department is the content marketing team that fosters communication and nurtures relationships with many of these key constituents. With an extensive portfolio of journals, eBooks and otherdigital products, the Marketing Department is tasked with developing ongoing conversations and strengthening relationships to instigate positive brand recognition and ultimately increase sales and revenue. With a truly global research community as its audience, ACS Publications has a growing need to expand its footprint and influence, both on a global and regional level.
The Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for monitoring, measuring, and analyzing the effectiveness of marketing as it relates to the overall goals of the Publications Division. This includes managing data within the division’s marketing automation system, blog, social media, research platform, and digital media – an audience of over one million readers and contacts. This role will work with internal stakeholders and external vendors. The candidate will have a strong analytics background, and will understand the relationship between sales and marketing. Candidate will be able to analyze and assist the marketing team in demonstrating a return on investment of articles on the digital platform used to generate sales. Candidate will also be able to demonstrate best practices to increases submissions or usage by vertical or persona through data analysis within our various systems. S/he will serve as the ACS Publications marketing lead on data regulations including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective in May 2018. This position works within a team environment to collectively achieve the goal of expanding the overall market influence of ACS Journals and Products.
- Presents a holistic view of all data coming in and out of the ACS Publications’ marketing team, from various platforms and marketing tools. Manages these tools including the marketing automation platform (Eloqua), the social media dashboard (Hootsuite), blog (Wordpress), google analytics, the research platform and otherdigital media systems contracted by the organization (Snap App, Scratch –it, Augmented Reality). Works with IT to support systems.
- Identifies key markets and personas within our own data, for expansion and further exploration.
- Maintains work process flows within the marketing department by coordinating information and requirements with related marketing groups in different departments and divisions.
- Manages one employee who oversees the strategic direction of our marketing automation system.
- Keeps management informed by preparing reports; making presentations; interpreting information; making recommendations.
- Works with superior to prepare an overall strategy for lead generation informing content marketing for ACS Publications.
- Communicates goals, initiatives, and results of use of ACS Publication’s use of marketing tools and campaigns internally and cross divisionally.
College degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience; usually has an advanced degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience. 7+ years of related experience. Experience in STM institutional marketing as well as international marketing experience strongly preferred. HTML Editingexperiencepreferred. 1-3 years’ experience with marketing automation software is a must.