Aon Is Looking For Marketing Operations Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing team in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As A Marketing Operations Manager
As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, the Marketing Operations Manager will focus on helping to define, enable and manage the strategies, processes and tools which advance the delivery of marketing value for Aon.
We're looking for an individual with the skills to apply analytics and innovation to our marketing operations, as well as effectively communicate and champion operational strategies across a global marketing organization. This position requires someone with the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically, to help ensure Marketing Operations is contributing to business growth and brand growth. You will need to distill complex issues into simple and actionable points-of-view, and work closely with peers in marketing & communications, technology, global spend management and finance to support the needs of colleagues around the globe.
The position will report directly to Aon's Marketing Operations Leader.
- Liaison with Aon's Marketing Technology team to manage the Aon marketing tech stack; identify colleague short and long-term needs, prioritize requirements, ensure knowledge and access, scale best practices, recommend changes/upgrades to increase efficiency and meet new demands
- Further our ability to measure ROIC; partner with peers to champion a point-of-view, model and disseminate the desired activity/behavior, deliver meaningful information to measure the value and performance of marketing programs, and aid leadership in decision-making based on reporting. This includes conducting ongoing discovery of any additional needs of the respective audiences.
- Partner with communication colleagues to define the requirements to effectively cascade knowledge, best practices and expectations to both the marcomm organization, as well as other key internal constituents
- Play an active role in the project management of key Aon-wide initiatives which impact marketing operations (GDPR; Brand; Global Sourcing)
- Enhance colleague engagement by collaborating with the marketing operations leader to develop a set of onboarding standards as well as ongoing training opportunities aligned with operational goals to speed adoption of Aon systems and processes
- Advocate for and enable global marketing processes overall by engaging with marketing leaders and process owners to audit and assess processes, and build, transfer and globalize best practices
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Possess a bachelor's degree business, marketing or a related discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in operations and/or technology with a focus on marketing
- Ability to structure and sell-in a strategic point of view
- Familiarity and comfort working with a broad range of marketing operations tools, including CRM systems, marketing automation, creative management and financial management tools
- Experience in building reports leveraging data from systems above. Knowledge of analytics and business intelligence tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and their application to marketing challenges (e.g. demand waterfall measurement, brand measurement etc.)
- Leadership capabilities along with excellent tactical execution skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interact with senior internal and external stakeholders, including marketing leadership
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse environment
- Excellent command of the English language, additional languages a plus
- Creative, analytical thinker and problem solver with a desire and ability to develop a path and point of view in situations where there may not be a prescribed route
- An eye toward building consensus while continuing move decision-making forward
- Uncompromising commitment to quality and detail
- Curiosity in solving problems
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and strong desire to work entrepreneurially
- Desire to work with colleagues in different countries and appreciate cultural differences.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex concepts simply and visually
- Ability to develop and explain statistical data analyses (business case, program measurement)
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Hands on experience with marketing automation and campaign tools
- Build trusted relationships with senior leaders across the enterprise and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills, including a proven record of managing multiple priorities and projects
- Strong project management skills with the ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.