The ideal candidate will have experience implementing large scale technology (including Marketing Automation and Attribution tools), creating and managing workflows and system integrations, driving data management across teams, and leveraging technology cross functionally to improve SLAs, conversion rate, and ultimately ARR.
What You’ll Do:
- Technology – Develop and execute on our marketing technology vision. Develop and implement MarTech practices for existing and new tools including our marketing automation system, including data enrichment, lead management, and email marketing campaigns. Direct implementation of new technologies according to business goals
- Campaign Planning – Develop campaign planning process, ensuring strong execution, and measurement processes, owning marketing campaign framework/methodology and analytics from beginning to end
- Marketing Analytics - Define and standardize Demand Gen performance tracking, forecasting, and reporting to help our team optimize ROI by channel. Own the reporting engine and analysis for marketing programs, working with marketing managers to evaluate results and identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Sales & Marketing Alignment – Develop and own marketing funnel metrics from top to bottom and proactively surface insights and opportunities to optimize conversions from prospect through opportunity. Manage SLAs with Sales including development, maintenance and reporting on lead quality and leads follow-up. Work directly with Sales Operations and leadership to track pipeline growth, trends, and movement and how they are influenced by top and middle of funnel activity
- Process – Establish processes to support a world class marketing organization and enable efficiency both today, and as the team scales. Work together with sales operations, and sales leaders to ensure an effective lead development and hand-off process.
- Data Integrity:Work closely with Customer Acquisition and Customer Marketing to build campaign target list, streamline process to capture leads from events and/or marketing automation platforms, and ensure qualified leads are hands-off seamlessly from marketing to sales. Establish key shared success KPI metrics. Report on marketable database health and advise on list-building to increase marketable audience. Develop and implement segmentation strategy.
- Collaboration – Work cross-functionally, collaborating with key stakeholders to understand challenges and opportunities that marketing can impact
- Communication – Effectively communicate across the marketing and broader organization, sharing project updates, timelines, processes, and results, whilst also championing the marketing team and demonstrating our impact on the business
Who You Are:
- Driven by data: you are obsessive over data collection methods and stay up to date on new technologies. You know data provides the competitive advantage needed to make key decisions.
- Willing to experiment you are always testing and defining new ways to measure data and improve constantly testing to help improve
- Collaborator: you use technology and process to help teams communicate more successfully and produce results.
- Problem Solver: you are not afraid to ask “why” and look for way to improve on what has already been done. Use technologies and process to get to market faster, more efficiently, and produce repeatable results
First 30 days
- Attend and successfully pass new employee training courses
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of marketing team members
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Invoice Cloud’s go-to-market, including Sales teams, Alliance partners, Client Services, including how we measure results.
- Develop a broad understanding of the Government, Utility and Business and the Financial Services (FS) sales team's business objectives and marketing’s role in achieving these objectives
- Review existing campaigns and workflows, persona profiles and other relevant resources
- Meet with owners of the MarTech stack, as well as all other critical systems to develop a broad understanding of the infrastructure to support our go-to-market.
- Understand current corporate HubSpot setup, campaign tracking, lead syncing, etc.
- Become familiar with the marketing HC and program spend plans and develop and understanding of run-rate and investment areas for 2021
First 90 days
- Take on ownership of marketing budget, including managing ongoing dialogue with Finance and other stakeholders
- Assess MarTech stack and develop short- and long-term recommendations to achieve a tech stack to support our growing business and the nuances of our go-to-market
- Work directly with Sales Operations and leadership to track pipeline growth, trends, and movement and how they are influenced by top and middle of funnel activity; build a recommended approach to fill gaps in data or technology to achieve desired outcome.
- Work closely with Customer Acquisition and Customer Marketing to establish a process to develop target lists to support the go-to-market
- Report on marketable database health and advise on list-building to increase marketable audience. Develop and implement segmentation strategy.
First 180 days
- Develop and own marketing funnel metrics from top to bottom and proactively surface insights and opportunities to optimize conversions from prospect through opportunity
- Define and standardize Demand Gen performance tracking, forecasting, and reporting to help our team optimize ROI by channel
- Work with sales leadership to develop a model for lead scoring in HubSpot, as well as a follow-up cadence when leads are ready to move to MQL status
- In partnership with Customer Acquisition and Customer Marketing teams, optimize the overall data and lead capture and follow-up process, including standardizing data collection
- Execute on our marketing technology vision
- Own campaign planning process, ensuring strong execution, and measurement processes, owning marketing campaign framework/methodology and analytics from beginning to end
- Own the reporting engine and analysis for marketing programs
- Ensure data integrity and addressable markets are in good standings
- Manage marketing Operations including HC and marketing programs spend
Who We Seek:
- 7-10+ years’ experience in marketing and/or sales operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and other marketing and sales technologies (analytics, CMS, sales outreach tools etc.)
- Experience with account-based marketing practices, and tools and processes that support target account strategies
- Leader in marketing automation and demand generation best practices that will drive results
- Data driven, analytical, with excellent attention to detail
- Practiced at leading teams with a growth mindset, and passionate about team learning and development
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience with the following marketing systems highly preferred: HubSpot, Salesforce, Asana, Smartsheet, DemandBase, Terminus, Zoom, etc.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Salesforce ecosystems.
- Passionate about marketing technologies and demonstrate strong knowledge on marketing technology platforms (marketing automation, digital marketing tools)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Experience with defining and executing on data and analytics road map