The Medication Management Solutions (MMS) business unit within the Medical Segment at BD is a $2B Global business, with the leading share in Pharmacy Automation and IV Delivery Products in Acute Care Hospitals, Non-Acute Care, and Retail Pharmacies. Its focus is optimizing the medication use process while ensuring patient safety. We are seeking an experienced marketing and commercial excellence leader, coach and marketing subject matter expert to help drive the MMS marketing and commercial excellence initiatives. Over the last 2 years, MMS has established GDPS commercial excellence as the standard for the role of marketing in product development. As part of the Global Marketing and Strategy organization within MMS, this position will be responsible for championing the application of critical marketing/business processes and strategies across MMS with an emphasis on Product, Commercial, Market and Organizational Readiness.
Building a great product is only as valuable as its success in the marketplace, and Commercial Excellence is BD’s playbook for driving cross-functional, cross-departmental, and cross-platform alignment and engagement. This role will continue the foundation established and enhance our marketing and commercial excellence, by driving the below responsibilities.
- Support GPDS and Agile excellence by driving to the process for our innovation roadmap, adjusting the process to fit the unique needs of the MMS functional, business and regional structures. As a member of the GM&S team, ensure the collective organization is working together to become best in class at product development. Appropriately scale the adoption and application of Commercial and Marketing Excellence to support programs in successfully meeting critical marketing/commercial milestones and deliverables.
- Reinforce MMS cross-platform (or horizontal) commercialization approach within platforms and regions to help teams create a highly unique and differentiated position within the marketplace. Be a critical change agent, coaching core team members on how to apply higher-order critical thinking and elevating functional competencies aimed at commercial success, independent of the platform leading the innovation.
- Coaching our marketers to tie BD Way of Marketing and BD Way of Selling together to ensure we are using our marketing skills to influence the sales process and, ultimately, the sales funnel.
- Partner with platform marketing and core team leads on aligning programs to delight our customers, especially around the “ilities”.
- MBA - Marketing or related business discipline
- 10+ years professional Marketing/Business administration experience; preferably in a Marketing leadership role
- 5+ years of experience - Organizational Readiness, and/or Commercialization
- The ideal candidate will have downstream and upstream marketing experiences with demonstrated marketing excellence in past roles
- Lead or heavily influence business case creation and marketing plan development
- Demonstrated experience driving business process and behavior/culture change
- Proven ability to influence diverse cross-functional teams and drive positive results
- Fluent with Microsoft products, particularly: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent meeting facilitation, communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with executive audiences, middle management, and individual contributors
- Marketing and Business strategy, Brand/Product Marketing, Marketing Research, and Financial Impact analysis
- Change Management / Transformational Leadership
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Proven ability to work successfully in a remote/virtual team environment
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- PMP preferred
- Medical device industry experiencepreferred
- BD, MMS Dispensing (BD Pyxis), Infusion (Alaris Medley/Asena), and Integrated Platform (Healthsight) experiencepreferred
Job ID R-324058