As a member of the newly organized corporate-marketing group, you will possess a robust mix of digital and traditional marketing expertise, an active knowledge of B2B and B2C marketing within the financial services arena, highly attuned branding, brand management and sales strategy skills and a passion for innovation, customer insights and client partnership.
This is the lead marketing professional for the Wealth Management Division, and you'll work directly with Umpqua's chief marketing officer, the EVP of wealth management division and the director of business and wealth management marketing to develop, deploy, optimize and leverage channel marketing strategies, client service innovations and customer insight initiatives across Umpqua's five-state footprint. You'll serve as an auxiliary member of the Wealth Management leadership team to set marketing budgets, create digitally-oriented client acquisition programs, develop new cross-sell strategies and deploy innovative brand-building initiatives to aggressively grow loan and deposit portfolios, increase AUM and drive incremental revenue and pre-tax income.
- Develop cross-channel marketing programs for the Wealth Management Division that elevate the organization's brand reputation and create increased demand for product and services within the Wealth Management portfolio (Umpqua Asset Management, Umpqua Investments, UI Resource Group), including private banking, lending, wealth planning, insurance solutions, investment management and more.
- Introduce digital marketing best practices, including content marketing, SEO, SEM and digitally-assisted lead nurturing and tracking programs to the Wealth Management team, fostering data-driven marketing decisioning throughout the division.
- Drive client insight and feedback gathering efforts among target audiences in developing timely, relevant and compelling product positioning platforms, with emphasis on positioning intangible attributes and creating equity among Wealth Management's branded offerings and programs.
- Work with brand and product teams to create effective growth strategies by harnessing the company's delivery channels including web, store, and mobile and behalf of the Wealth Management team. Partner with Product and Finance teams to ensure the sale and profitability of products or services, analyzing business development and brand awareness activities and market trends.
- Develop short- and long-range marketing objectives and performance standards for measuring progress and tracking and communicating results, with emphasis on Sales goal achievement of quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Introduce new approaches and methodologies for fostering synergies between internal departments and front-line teams, creating cross-functional alignment between autonomous business units in directly supporting organizational objectives and brand ideals.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of marketing strategy and tactics, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment.
- Provide project management and timely execution of a plurality of marketing projects of varying scope, size and complexity, doing so on behalf of Wealth Management and Creative Strategies', as assigned.
- Implement best practices relating to marketing result tracking, campaign optimization and direct and indirect marketing ROI, with emphasis on rigorous correlation between campaign activities and results.
- Identify needs and ensures that Sales personnel are continually and adequately supplied information, materials and training for sales efforts and marketing campaign development and implementation.
- Directly manage and support all sales-related marketing requests--assessing, prioritizing and managing both geographically-oriented and bank-wide marketing communication campaigns, in support of quarterly relationship and profitability goals.
- Directly manage a variety of creative agencies, third-party vendors and other suppliers, maximizing outside skills and resources while minimizing financial outlays to bring insight and expertise to marketing projects and plans.
- Support corporate strategy initiaves sponsorded by Creative Strateiges, inlcuding periodic travel across Umpqua's markets to enage in regional meetings, customer research projects, store opening events and other market activities, as assinged.
- Passionately promote the Umpqua brand promise and messages throughout the company. Foster a culture of living and owning the brand message. Function as a leading advisor and solutions provider to all departments as they "live and own the brand."
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- 7-10 years of related experience with an emphasis on marketing strategy development, digital marketing and financial services marketing. Experience within a previous private bank or wealth management organization a plus.
- Proven experience in managing sales and marketing communications projects, programs or teams within a mid-to-large size organization (500 -- 5,000 employees).
- Strong project management and matrix management oversight skills, with the ability to establish processes and project timelines to ensure delivery of sophisticated, multi-facted marketing communication tactics and initiatives.
- Highly team oriented, with demonstrated history of advocating, growing and promoting fellow team members and championing the growth, acknowledgement and advancement of colleagues, co-workers and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and influence decision-makers. Comfortable working with Senior Leadership in championing new approaches, securing incremental budget allocations and gaining buy-in and support for unique and unfamiliar marketing tactics and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective advertising and media recommendations across traditional and non-traditional media channels, utilizing media budgets of varying size and scope.
- Experienced in conceptual development of product promotions and brand campaigns, with a proven track record of effectively managing vendors to deliver on time and within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field, or related equivalent experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Extended periods of sitting
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 10 pounds