What you'll be doing...
You'll help us understand markets and how people use our products and services. You will maintain our leadership position by anticipating consumer needs and shaping our future offerings to meet them. Your vision and leadership will help us realize what's next for Verizon.
- Determining what people really want.
- Testing out new ideas.
- Figuring out the upside and downside of the next thing.
- Telling us what the market says.
- Creating the story for our customers.
- Helping sellers tell the story of why this and why Verizon.
- Developing and executing comprehensive integrated marketing plans to increase awareness, accelerate the sales cycle, grow advocacy, and increase sales in support of sales priorities and revenue goals.
- Designing segmentation strategies that create specialized customer experiences based on sales cycle stage, tenure, persona sub-vertical focus, and/or propensity to buy.
- Leveraging shared marketing and product resources to create customized acquisition programs / campaigns; including analyzing campaign performance and strategy for future launches.
- Leading / creating campaign deliverables including: Manage Above The Line Requirements, Below The Line Tactics including events, battle cards, as well as demand generation email and social media communications / videos.
- Developing program and campaign scorecards, tracking results and providing updates; using campaign and pipeline data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Educating Sales / customers, on new products / programs; equipping Sales with the necessary tools to execute campaign elements independently.
- Managing marketing priorities and programs to ensure alignment with broader Marketing and organization launches; ensuring campaigns are being delivered in conjunction with account strategy and business unit objectives.
- Earning trust and maintaining strong relationships with the Sales leadership and internal stakeholders' teams to stay abreast of account activities that will inform marketing plans.
- Traveling and acting as on-site support for events, campaign roll outs, and product launches as needed.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about what people need and want. You enjoy digging through data for insight into opportunities for how we can help our consumers work, play and connect in new and better ways.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Market Research or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with marketing research, research strategy, or consumer research methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree or an MBA.
- Digital experience and knowledge of trends and key business drivers.
- Ability to present findings and insights targeted to what that audience cares about (up to the executive level).
- Analyze what's important from a variety of sources to provide a holistic view of the marketplace, competitive factors, risks, and opportunities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to design custom research approaches to gain broader or deeper consumer and market insights.
- Ability to translate market knowledge and strategy into compelling stories and tools for the sales team.
- Experience working independently/autonomously.
- Ability to present ideas to senior executives to pitch ideas/strategies and drive alignment.
- Experience analyzing performance metrics and providing strategy recommendations based on data.
- Willingness to travel.