The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Marketing Manager, Transfusion Medicine Assays to be responsible for leading the product management strategy focused on the TM suite of solutions in North America . Through strong leadership and comprehension of the true needs and expectations of the clinical laboratory customer communities, the Manager will be a product champion and lead the development and execution of strategic and tactical action plans that align with organizational objectives to deliver business results at or above expectations for the NA commercial organization. This role will require considerable time interacting with customers, sales and non-field sales organizations to capture key insights that will drive planning and actions. The Manager ensures excellent collaboration across marketing, sales, operations and commercial excellence. This position will be based in Raritan, NJ or Rochester, NY. Remote work options may also be considered.
- Be an expert on Ortho TM portfolio. Serve as the product expert supporting the NA Commercial Sales, Marketing, Service and Support Teams. Own lifecycle management and drive Voice of Customer into the marketing plans and new product development with Global Marketing. Own end of life strategy for aging products and launch planning for new product introductions.
- Develop, define/refine, and execute a NA TM marketing plan(s) supporting the achievement of the NA AOP and product placement targets (total, % competitive). Establish key performance indicators to measure program effectiveness and track trends. Manage business aspects of product line including: forecast, demand planning, backorders, annual operating plan, and business reviews.
- Create competitive differentiation to elevate Ortho products above competitors, including sales assets. Provide timely competitive updates and understand the TM market in depth. Drive engagement, market and competitive knowledge through field travel, internal relationships, customer visits, trade shows and attendance of sales team meetings and effective communication. Ensure effective product positioning and messaging.
- Maintain and expand a deep understanding of the NA TM market and establish productive relationships with key customers and customer groups. Organize, plan and deliver exceptional experiences for annual sales meetings and key trade shows (e.g. AABB, AACC). Work closely with learning and development team to ensure knowledge/capability levels are reached with the appropriate commercial sales personnel.
- Manage business aspects of product line including: forecast, demand planning, backorders, and annual operating plan, and business reviews. Prepare and at times present business updates for monthly/quarterly operating reviews, NALT meetings.
- Drive engagement and market knowledge through field travel, internal relationships, customer visits, trade shows and attendance of sales team meetings and effective communication. Develop and deliver customer presentations at customer meetings and events.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Business, Marketing or Healthcare Management. MBA is preferred but not required.
- 6+ years of IVD diagnostic, core laboratory experience in a commercial organization with 3+ years in marketing and management role required.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and launching IVD diagnostic, core laboratory instrument and/or assay platforms required.
- Proven experience in working with cross functional teams with the ability to manage teams remotely, to influence and take initiative.
- Strong collaboration, communication, presentation and platform skills, analytic acumen and organizational abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and to deadlines.
- 30%, primarily US.