The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of marketing programs, products and promotions in the marketplace. This role will also utilize marketing tools to enhance brand and corporate image, participate and support sales growth, and ensure that spending is within set budget.
- Act as the marketing leader for set programs and categories as determined by the Sr. Dir, Integrated Marketing
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives and priorities
- Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Channel partners, Creative, Store Operations, Training and Category Management/ Merchandising teams.
- Work closely with Merchandising teams on Joint Business planning activities with National brand partners and foster effective communication between Marketing channels/ Merchandising and Brand partners.
- Work with the Private Brand Team to drive the Private Brand business within The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Fully own the end-to-end development of marketing planning and programs – from strategy, briefing, alignment, leadership approval, engagement/communication to stakeholders, execution and evaluation
- Coordinate the planning and execution of online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip marketing initiatives.
- Help to define and articulate product and program offerings, prioritized benefits and key messages for stakeholders to leverage in their marketing and communications
- Develop alignment presentations to gain executive approvals and drive stakeholder engagementDemonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and excellent interpersonal skills to engage with complex multicultural cross-functional teams in order to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and excellent interpersonal skills to engage with complex multicultural cross-functional teams in order to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to connect the dots and generate insights, prioritize business questions/needs and make recommendations.
- Recommend changes to current operating processes and procedures.
- Exhibit leadership qualities – A "can-do" perspective, confidence, a strong work ethic, effective communication skills.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with sales, marketing, business operations, and executive leadership within tight deadlines.
- Translate consumer insights and learnings into relevant marketing outcomes.
- Challenge business unit management and effectively influence outcomes of key processes.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assist various departments when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of experience and instruction.
- Understanding and experience in a variety of various marketing functions.
- 3 - 5 years of success in Marketing/Brand Management
- 2-3 years of experience specifically focused on retail marketing
Skill and Ability:
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional initiatives with sales, marketing, business operations, and executive leadership within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytics - Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into an organized collection of information to gain new insights.
- Strong Communication skills – Both written and spoken to ensure effective flow of information cross functionally.
- Self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects/deliverables, shifting priorities, and deadlines and see them through to successful completion.
- Demonstrate a strong appetite for learning and growth.
- Demonstrate creativity, resilience, and intellect in achieving specified objectives
- Energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills
- A proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results
- Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and program/campaign development
- Adept in online and traditional marketing, and highly skilled in visual communications – understands message hierarchyIND