The Marketing Manager leads strategic proposal and presentation development and various communication programs to support the Western Operations (Northern California) group. This position reports to the Director of Project Development. The Marketing Manager would work out of either the San Francisco or Sacramento, CA office, with occasional travel required between offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to their project team and to the company beyond the items listed below. Further, employees will be supported in pursuing training, educational and experiential opportunities that develop skills pertinent to their role within the organization.
- Manage overall operation of Marketing Department, including identifying staffing needs, managing annual marketing budget, and direct management of Marketing staff (currently one person with plans for growth).
- Analyze RFQ/P requirements, develop response strategies, and manage team contributions in the completion of the RFP/Q responses. Control entire proposal schedule and act as appropriate to ensure deliverable milestones are met. Oversee production process from start to finish within tight timeframes.
- Write succinct, customer-focused content within deadlines, addressing the uniqueness of each project and client.
- Lead the development of interview materials, including PowerPoint, boards, leave behinds, placemats, etc.
- Identify and manage the development of marketing materials needed by Business Development and others for sales calls.
- Support strategic social media initiatives in collaboration with corporate marketing; including creating content to improve user engagement and drive action across major social media outlets – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Direction of Marketing Associate work commitments, quality of work product, and balancing of workload.
- Coordinate with corporate marketing efforts to maintain a consistent message and appearance for The Boldt Company as a whole.
- Identify and manage opportunities for strategic involvement at local and regional conferences and, with corporate marketing, national conferences.
- Identify and manage Boldt participation in local, regional, and national industry groups such as LCI, DBIA.
- Manage system of electronic storage and cataloging of resumes, project profiles, prior proposals, images, and other files for maximum effectiveness in completing marketing deliverables.
- Direct creation of all internal Public Relations materials, including new hire announcements, internal newsletter articles.
- Coordinate with corporate marketing on creation of external news articles.
- Identify opportunities for awards and recognition for Boldt projects, staff, and clients/owners. Manage production of award submittals.
- Identify opportunities with community, industry, and other organizations to increase brand recognition.
- Identify strategic advertising opportunities and manage all advertising efforts, whether print, digital, or other, working with corporate marketing as needed.
- Manage targeted customer satisfaction efforts, including surveys, direct interviews, and coaching of Boldt staff.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
- Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Office products, particularly Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling and composition as well as oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work directly with subject matter experts and proposal teams to produce technical content that is persuasive and readable.
- Strong persuasive writing and editing skills required, including an excellent eye for detail.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Highly organized with ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment on multiple priority projects; excellent track record working on proposal development teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with people at all levels is required.
- Ability to direct layouts for proposals, brochures, newsletters, booklets, posters, signs and other printed materials.
- The confidence and self-motivation to grab the reins of their projects without the need for constant or direct supervision.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required in support of the proposal process.
- A high degree of energy, enthusiasm, tenacity and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, English or applicable technical discipline related to Boldt's core business.
A minimum of seven (7) years of proposal/technical writing in the A/E/C industry strongly preferred. Must have a solid understanding of the construction, architecture or engineering industry. Candidate must demonstrate proposal experience.