TEGNA is seeking a team and results-oriented, Marketing Manager for our corporate marketing department. The marketing manager will benefit from a variety of experiences reporting into the division’s VP, Marketing. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the execution and implementation of multi-platform corporate marketing projects and campaigns including but not limited to product launches, leadership summits, marketing partnerships, vendor relationships, creative production and more.
- Supporting marketing use of audience data and insights. Working as a partner with the insights and technology teams to ensure marketing is leveraging all available tools that can help with campaign planning, execution and measurement.
- Taking corporate ownership of select marketing ‘regions’ in the division. Work alongside select marketing leaders to ensure our affiliates have everything they need to succeed in growing multi-platform audience.
- Serving as an internal ambassador and partner to other divisions including news, digital, corporate communications, human resources, research, programming, and more.
- Actively participating in cross-functional projects and when necessary, owning select projects involving multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
- Building and maintaining recruiting database of potential marketing talent to help stations identify and recruit top talent.
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with 41 local marketing teams and our external agency partners all across the country.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent interpersonal skills, appreciates dotting “i”s and crossing “t”s and gets an adrenaline rush when a plan comes together with flawless execution, especially in a deadline driven environment. They are a proactive self-starter who enjoys working with a variety of people and serving as an ambassador for a large corporation. They are equal parts left and right brain – on the one hand they love to write and create but are also have modern day performance marketing chops. They are full of positive energy and armed with a can-do, solution-oriented attitude. They know when to take control and when to lean back, utilizing sound judgment and strong social skills.
- At least 4-6 years marketing experience, preferably in media or adjacent category
- Experience with collaboration software including SharePoint, Box.com, Slack, etc.
- Exceptional reputation and professional ethos
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field
- MAC and PC proficient
- Work with TEGNA’s in-house design agency, creative team and outside partners to develop marketing toolkit for mobile app launch. Manage all deliverables to ensure campaign delivers on-time, on-team, on-budget and on-strategy. Troubleshoot issues along the way in real-time and monitor campaign for flawless execution. Measure campaign effectiveness against pre-set benchmarks and deliver recap report.
- Co-produce on-location summit for ~200 attendees, including completing site-visits, working with vendors, facilitating internal brainstorming sessions, developing summit schedule, partnering with speakers and ensuring summit runs flawlessly.
- Partner with digital team to help launch new podcast brand. Help build out brand strategy, develop launch campaign strategy and creative in tandem with creative team and VP, Marketing.
- Maintain marketing on-boarding guide and materials to ensure new marketers enter the company effectively and ready to thrive.
- Partner with local teams on paid media campaigns – help ensure they get the insights they need, work with them to measure effectiveness and help socialize results within corporate environment.
- Partner with corporate IT on process mapping to improve marketing workflows.
- Support VP institute brand-driven culture. Work on strategy decks, ideate on new methodologies, help strategize and implement brand summits, etc.
- Take ownership of digital content verticals, e.g. DEALBOSS, HeartThreads. Work with vertical leads to help grow audience for emerging TEGNA sub-brands.