A Day in the Life
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the sustained success of Surgical Innovations Open Stapling product portfolio within the United States. The Marketing Manager provides field support for the portfolio and uses the customer and competitor knowledge gained from those interactions to adapt and execute the product marketing plan accordingly. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the other marketing managers, the U.S. salesforce, Medtronic customers, global product marketing, U.S. specialty marketing, and other functional teams within the Surgical Innovations group to meet and exceed annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain the annual marketing plan, including product launch plans, key messaging with target proof points, pricing strategy, collateral development, customer segmentation, competitive assessment, channel needs, and unit volume manufacturing and revenue forecasts.
- Develop and execute short and long-term marketing programs to ensure profitable market share growth.
- Manage overall assigned portfolio with focus on product prioritization and rationalization efforts that drive adoption in the local markets.
- Recommend product enhancements to the global product management team based on analysis of US customer needs, market conditions, and competitive environment.
- Lead, manage, and present the US forecast model in collaboration with global product marketing, sales leadership, and finance. Develop dashboards and communication mechanisms for identifying and tracking performance to annual operating plan.
- Identify and assess competitive tactics and develop counter strategies and tactical communications plans.
- Establish a KOL strategy and management program in association with U.S. specialty marketing and sales leadership that supports driving increased adoption of Medtronic Endostapling products.
- Develop and deliver key field communications and participate in quarterly business reviews.
- Support the global US ambassador for monthly financial reviews and provide insights into performance, market trends, and the latest financial performance estimates.
- Support salesforce in sales activities, customer meetings, RFP response, and conversion planning.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for the development of clinical evidence and/or economic value substantiation.
- Assess opportunities to expand portfolio adoption organically and through distribution / licensing / acquisition.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) with emphasis in Marketing, Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with proven success in the following functions within the healthcare industry (preferably medical device operating room setting): marketing, strategy and portfolio management, general management, sales.
- Demonstrated success delivering results within a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees within job area or managing projects that require delegation and review of others' work product.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) highly preferred.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Strong proficiency with presentation, spreadsheet, document generating software programs.
- Proven track record of planning and execution.
- Experience in U.S. medical device marketing.
- Strong clinical knowledge and the ability to develop excellent relationships with healthcare thought leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Self-starter who is highly results driven with strong strategic thinking, business management experience, and solid quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proven success leading major initiatives.