The Marketing Manager determines the demand for products and services offered by the Company and its competitors and identifies potential customers. S/he assists in developing pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing profits and market share while ensuring the Company's customers are satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates, directs and coordinates commercial marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategies based on knowledge of corporate objectives, market characteristics, and target sales environments.
- Directs the hiring, training, and performance of marketing staff and oversees their daily activities.
- Identifies, assesses and manages relationships with external vendors, including but not limited to creating new relations, agreement negotiation and management, budget management, tracking and assessing the results of the working relationship and acting as the company's point of contact throughout the relationship.
- Evaluates the financial aspects of service offerings, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Works closely with sales team to anticipate and provide marketing support for lead generation initiatives.
- Assists in developing pricing strategies (promotional programs and other sale incentives), balancing corporate objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compiles, updates and distributes corporate literature, sales brochures, and customer-facing materials that accurately, clearly and currently describe service offerings.
- Ensures all company materials and messaging follow the company brand standards at all times and works to update the brand standards as needed. Works with Company Partners to ensure co-branding standards are abided by as well.
- Initiates and maintains market research studies, analyzes the findings, and translates findings into action plans that leverage existing and new marketing channels and efforts.
- Uses sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Identifies and manages all residential marketing events including but not limited to trade shows, conferences, meetings, solar open houses, tours, and workshops.
- Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services. (Evening and weekend attendance may be required.)
- Identifies plans, manages, tracks and assesses targeted media campaigns for branding, imaging, and lead generation.
- Manages/Coordinates with vendor on public relations and social media opportunities to ensure company is regularly in the press and to ensure press releases are picked up. This includes but is not limited to coordinating customer/staff interviews; tracking projects announcements and progress for PR opportunities, overseeing PR supportive projects such as customer case studies and photo shoots.
- Acts as internal point of contract for corporate communication needs and coordinate with external vendors as needed.
- Meets and/or exceeds established performance objectives as defined and communicated by management.
- Conducts analysis of lead generation, creates reports, and recommends improvements to processes and promotions to increase lead count.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Development, Business Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressive experience in Marketing, Communications, and Business Development roles-experience with solar energy systems and renewable energy sources preferred.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Oracle (CRM) and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Acrobat, HTML, coding, basic Flash development and email marketing platforms (i.e. Constant Contact) preferred.
- Solid understanding of marketing and business development strategies necessary to build corporate-level customer relationships and consummate deals.
- Familiarity with the economic and business concepts relating to the solar energy and energy efficiency industries.
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, self-driven environment.
- Successfully handle multiple accounts and projects, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Must be able to ensure all department representatives are kept apprised of aspects of individual marketing campaigns/events, project timing and potential targets. Capable of preserving confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytical, solutions-building, project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills with expertise in developing innovative and creative presentations.
- Excellent listener, creative thinker, decision making acumen; combine problem solving expertise with the ability to meet project and program deadlines.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the designated region for trade shows and marketing events.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Interfaces with customers, vendors and the public. All employees, including Senior and Executive Management, Sales & Finance.
Conducts work in in a professional office setting or off-site at company marketing events and trade shows.
- Physical working conditions may involve the following:Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, reaching and/or bending.
- Extended periods of reading fine print on a computer or in paper-based format.
- Traveling over extended periods of time.