Spectrum Brands Canada, Inc. sells and distributes hardware & home improvement, car care, pet, personal care, batteries, and home appliances under the well-known brands of Weiser, Pfister, Armor All, STP, Dingo, Furminator, Nature’s Miracle, Tetra, Remington, Rayovac, and Black + Decker brands. With Canadian head office in Mississauga, Ontario, the company has national representation through its own sales team and coast to coast distributionnetwork. The company is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. of Middleton, Wisconsin.
The Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for leading the commercialization of new and existing products into the Canadian marketplace through a variety of platforms such as: new innovation, off shelf merchandisers and displays, tradechannel programs, creative promotional activities and support the development of analytical, fact-based selling stories.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Sr. Marketing Manager in facilitating the development of the annual strategic plan, outlining 3 yearstrategic initiatives and corresponding growth / profit targets and supporting the GAC P&L.
- Prepare annualmarketing plans including market strategy that also address the needs of the various saleschannels to drive volume and profits for the business while meeting the needs of their shoppers.
- Develop intimate knowledge of key Customer, Product Marketing and Sales team initiatives and build relationships with the sales team.
- Understand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the various saleschannels.
- Track promotional effectiveness and lead pre-and post-mortem communication efforts within the organization.
- Proactively develop merchandising and promotion strategies with sales management and marketing.
- Proactively develop and deliver go to market strategies.
- Executenational and customer-specific marketing plan initiatives such as new product introduction, trade advertising, merchandising, shelf space allocation and off-shelf placement.
- Expand Spectrum Brand penetration through on-going development of gift packs & displays, sales tools, and training communication vehicles, customer incentive programs, tradeshow support and product line reviews
- Provide insight and strategy to finance function on customer and product profitability as well as manage the category SKU listing and execute annual SKU rationalization effort
- Support Spectrum Brands in the digital space including, brand and customer website support, Facebook maintenance, You Tube Channel and video development an emerging social media platforms.
- Lead presentations with strategic customers to leverage growth potential and strategic partnerships
- Work closely with product management team to support market and customer research for market and product requirements
- Facilitate and develop presentation material to support the sales team—with special focus during trade shows, product introduction, line reviews and promotional activities.
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, seminars events and collateral materials to support channel initiatives and specific product launches.
Education and Experience Profile
- Secondary education in Marketing, Business Administration or other related discipline.
- A minimum of seven years of marketing experience in marketing and product management, retail marketing, and/or channel marketing management.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA.
- Sales / Marketingexperience within CPG and/or Automotive Industry.
- In-depth knowledge of both Customers and Spectrum Brands strategy to properly plan and execute programs.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with speed and agility and drive a critical path to execute initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and with various levels within organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Word & Outlook. High proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Ability to know/learn syndicated data programs like AC Nielsen, IRI, or similar market and household panel data.
- Ability to manage multiple vendors and negotiate agreements.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.