This important role grows our Organic Web Marketing Channel and its associated lead volume and by attracting relevant traffic to AAG.com and providing an engaging and effective user experience that informs and motivates our consumer audience of senior homeowners. This involves adding relevant content to the site, optimizing the user experience, improving the web architecture and link structure, following technical best practices for SEO, staying current on Search Engine trends, delighting visitors, closely monitoring user engagement and pathways, measuring results and attracting high quality inbound links from relevant and authoritative sites. You drive these activities, but are not alone in execution. This role works cross-functionally with a dynamic, in-house team that includes in-house Content Writers, Visual Designers and Analytics, along with AAG’s Brand Director and Conversion Rate Optimization Manager.
- Responsible for increasing, engaging and converting organic search traffic, especially on non-branded search terms.
- Optimize for mobile and desktop; text, video, mortgage calculators and articles; local and national; form engagement and newsletter signups; and schema/knowledge graph placements.
- Be a primary driver of content development, working with creative services, content marketing, social media, email and e-newsletter team members to capitalize on each other’s forward momentum and efforts.
- Drive SEO strategy in support of key business initiatives with goals to improve site infrastructure, taxonomy, naming standards, onsite content, backlink profiles, internal linking structure and domain authority.
- Conduct research, analyze website interactions, monitor market trends (including key crawler updates), note benchmarks, practice innovative SEO techniques, and out-perform the competition.
- Assist in defining and executing a strategy for UX improvements across multiple product experiences.
- Manage any and all SEO vendors, including budget control, communication, project initiatives, and delivery.
- Blend keyword research with consumer insights, industry knowledge and product information to submit specific content requests that will fuel the growth of organic search and user interaction.
- Manage ongoing keyword research to advise analysis, recommendations, and relevant landing page expansion.
- Own and coordinate SEO keyword strategy and site content in partnership with internal and agency partners.
- Internal linking strategies to prioritize PageRank distribution as well as locate opportunities and engage in inbound and outbound link placement initiatives.
- Proven track record of delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth.
- Technical knowledge of website architecture (experience with HTML Markup, CSS, XML).
- Highly proficient, using a variety of SEO tools & platforms, including Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, DeepCrawl, AHREFs, ScreamingFrog, Hot Jar, Cyfe, and the like.
- Results and ROI-driven, you’re accustomed to working in a dynamic, quick-paced environment. You can juggle multiple priorities and know how to get things done. You are self-motivated, independent, and well-organized, requiring minimum supervision, and you work well with all staff levels.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business, Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of in-house, organic search optimization experience with a well-trafficked website
- 3+ years of experience with consumer lead generation (preferred over ecommerce or B2B environments)
- Strong knowledge of current SEO strategies and trends, with a firm commitment to sustainable, white-hat methods
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, CMS, CDN and website performance (we’re on an AWS-hosted LAMP stack with Laravel and WordPress)
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance, and a strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, 301 re-directs, etc.).
- Experience managing 3rd party vendor relationships