Quad/Graphics is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing Team in Sussex, WI. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing go-to-market strategy for product, vertical and account-based marketing opportunities as defined by corporate and business unit strategies. Through the creation of annual, and shorter term plans and marketing briefs, the Marketing Manager will lead and oversee the development and execution of campaigns that move customer/prospects into and through each stage of the purchase journey (awareness, consideration, conversion, loyalty). In addition to developing strategies and tactics, the role is tasked with understanding how to measure marketing return on investment and the value of the work to driving key business metrics and results.
- Deeply embed into assigned business units and/or account specific opportunities by learning value propositions, products, sales methods, basic production issues and current business dynamics
- With sales, business and marketing leadership, create an annual situation analysis (SWOT/Key Leverage Points/Business Imperatives), and annual plans with objectives, strategies and actions which translate into measurable marketing campaigns and actions
- With input from the Director of Marketing, develop benchmark KPIs for overall annual plan and individual campaigns
- Use business case analyses to implement marketing math showing project, campaign or go-to-market return
- Understand and put into action the appropriate mix of modern marketing tools: paid social, display advertising, pay-per-click, retargeting/remarketing, PR, print, organic/SEM optimization, etc.
- Work with the VP of Marketing, Director of Marketing and Director of Content to create marketing briefs that detail the appropriate mix of inbound and outbound marketing tactics to achieve business growth objectives
- In collaboration with Marketing Project Coordinator, turn marketing briefs into go-to-market plans; provide direction for Marketing Project Coordinator as they oversee the project/campaign through creative production, deployment and analysis Be prepare to write and contribute to content development as needed, by sourcing ideas from subject matter experts and refining them for writing staff (initial outline and draft)
- Understand and represent the voice of the customer (and the targeted end user) through each respective campaign
- Be aware of and implement recent consumer trends into customer-facing messaging strategies
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication with internal partners and customers to ensure smooth cross-functional operation on group projects, and shepherd approved processes to complete work
- Manage against the budgets agreed upon for approved marketing plans
- Ensure successful implementation of campaign plans by providing clear and concise direction for both internal teams as well agency partners
- Attend, contribute to, and traffic selected sales presentations, RFPs and ongoing business development as required to help advance customer’s buying journeys and the Quad brand
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or communications; MBA a plus.
- At least 7-10 years of marketing communications experience; B2B experiencerequired.
- Project management training a plus
- Superior presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand and turn market and customer research into actionable insights.
- Initiation of original research as required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and extra hours if needed to meet pending deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, time management, conflict resolution as needed.