At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
The Marketing Manager, Alternate Site (Manager) will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the downstream marketing strategy for the GeneXpert Family of Instrument Systems and Xpert Assay Solutions within Cepheids Alternate Site segment in North America. Through strong leadership and comprehension of the true needs and expectations of the customer, the Manager will develop, manage and execute a compelling marketing strategy that aligns with organizational objectives to meet/exceed business revenue/margin goals
- Develop, implement and execute a downstream (strategic and tactical initiatives) relating to assigned products and/or customer segment(s) to include, but not limited to, the following;
- Organize and deliver on-going product training / education initiatives and assessments to motivate and activate sales representatives and channeldistribution partners.
- Attend and support Cepheid sales meetings and relevant channelsales and/or tradeshow calendar.
- Support the business needs of the North American sales organization and distributionpartners with segment level sales plan development and execution, program development, business planning meetings and partner contract negotiations.
- Provide regular, detailed status updates to the management and commercial teams and/or partners.
- Anticipate customer/partner needs and provide a timely response to requests.
- Work collaboratively to identify and execute on market opportunities and co-ordinate activities to maximize product / services offerings.
- Implement marketing and commercial product launch and support plans for system platforms, assay, software and connectivity solutions.
- Responsible for developing salessupport collateral to lab, physician, patient/advocacy, and funding/reimbursement segments for Cepheids system offerings.
- Working closely with Marketing Communications and Sales Training develop / leverage compelling core marketing and sales collateral materials and digitalmarketing assets.
- Develop, implement and execute a comprehensive segment and/or new product commercialization and support plans that deliver consistent clinical and operational messages that leverage and maximize the value proposition of GeneXpert Instrument Systems and Xpert Assay Solutions.
- Cultivate a compelling value proposition positioning viable clinical and operational applications driving competitive advantage for selling new systems and expanding test utilization within the existing install base. Develop product line strategies, create and execute go-to-market tactics.
- Ensure go-to-market tactics comprehend the end-user / customer and a complex network of distributors and partners.
- Ensures messaging is consistent across all franchises (portfolios of individual tests).
- Engage with key customer/distribution stakeholders to gain technology and product endorsements; leverage testimonials to drive awareness and test demand campaigns within the designated market segments.
- Responsible for representing Cepheid and Cepheid's products in a professional, forthright and ethical manner and within organizational guidelines.
- Complete System Franchise Strategic Business and Operations Plans, conduct market research to assess market and competitor trends, develop revenue models for assigned markets. Provide ongoing updates to Cepheid Leadership Team, supportfinance and investor relations on market /share revenue projections as required. Prepare and present financial plans.
- Analyze market response, measure critical factors and modify course of action in a timely manner ensuring market share gains.
- Integrate customer knowledge and market data to ensure the development of future products / solutions have a strong value proposition for both the customer and the division.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-50% of the time
- 7-10 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing in the Diagnostics or Device industries.
- A Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent is required.
- Proven experience with one or more of the following healthcare segments: Small to mid-size Hospitals, physician offices and alternate care settings.
- Proven experience leading / interacting with distribution / OEM partners in matters related to sales, product, promotion, finance, pricing, operations, service, advertising and marketing strategies.
- Proven experience selling and marketing capital equipment in the diagnostics or device industries.
- Proven experience leading and managing a commercial product launch.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across an organization to drive results. Must be sensitive to multicultural environments.
- Enthusiasm, strong interpersonal and motivational skills; scalable to future assignments.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communications skills. Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically over 30% of the time is a requirement.
- Must be a clear and concise communicator with written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work independently; set and communicate customer expectations and priorities; monitor progress against timelines