The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving brand performance by growing brand equity and share by activating distinctive consumer insights. You will be accountable for knowing our consumers deeply to build engaging brand experiences, leading brand strategy and planning, and overseeing execution including agency management, brand innovation and optimization, and delivering profitable long-term growth working alongside sales, operations, product development and finance. This role will drive a brand’s annual plan consistent with the 3-year plan including alignment and articulation of brand’s strategies and tactics to deliver annual and long-term objectives.
• Develop and sell-in an annual plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand.
• Use ongoing analysis and other methodologies/tactics to mobilize “real time” adaptations to brand plans.
• Build the annual communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
• Support a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement.
• Manage brand’s consumer marketing budget and demonstrate efficient and effective investment approach.
• Work with cross-functional and external experts, generate innovation ideas then select winning opportunities to pursue.
• Lead by example to motivate and inspire direct reports and cross-functional teams supporting the brand to exceed high performance targets.
• Actively communicate expectations and provide regular feedback through a robust performance management process.
• Work with direct reports to build appropriate development plans and coach team to ensure that the training activities achieve mutual, agreed upon objectives.
• Participate in talent recruitment and selection to staff the organization with the best people for current jobs, as well as future leadership, promoting workforce diversity.
• Develop a deep understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of our brand consumers
• Identify and address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace, initiating a learning plan in collaboration with Shopper Marketing and Market Research
• Identify optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach consumers when and where they are most receptive.
• Activate brand’s nutrition health and wellness (NHW) proposition in consumer communication.
• Explore and incorporate new approaches to brand innovation including new business models, distribution strategies, licensing agreements and strategic partnerships.
Supervision Received: Works independently with general supervision from the Marketing Director.
Supervision Given: May be responsible for the Talent Management of one or more Marketing Associates.
Financial/Strategic Impact: Achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth Brand Equity, Brand Health and Marketing ROI. Aligning corporate and customer objectives to find mutual benefits utilizing roadmaps and CAP. Manages assigned budgets.
Minimum education level and experience:
• Bachelors degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years previous experience in marketing
• Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies
• Experience developing strategic plans, such as communication campaigns or commercialization strategies
• Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior is required
• Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is helpful.