This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ in a Marketing Manager role for our Commercial Real Estate Practice.
The Marketing Manager works closely with senior leadership to manage the marketing and business development efforts for NBBJ's commercial real estate practice. This role is responsible for developing and executing effective plans that support the practice's growth strategy. While we prefer this role to be in Seattle, we are open to considering hiring someone located in a city where we have an NBBJ office, (Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Columbus).
The Marketing Manager develops and manages an annual marketing budget, tracks metrics, and orchestrates effective new business/prospect efforts. S/he will organize and implement targeted lead generation and client relationship programs, and manage thought leadership content and programs that underscores NBBJ's brand positioning.
Your New Role:
- Lead Generation & Client Relationships: In partnership with senior studio commercial leaders, the Marketing Manager researches, identifies, and qualifies new leads – from both new and existing clients. S/he is responsible for helping to craft and ensure accuracy of an ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement. S/he develops, manages, and leads a client loyalty program in partnership with NBBJ's design studios.
- Prospect & Point-of-Sale Strategies. The Marketing Manager leads teams that produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling new business development efforts: qualification packages, proposals, and presentations, in response to direct select or RFPs which address client needs and clearly articulates the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity. S/he is expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging with prospective commercial clients in an entrepreneurial way. S/he needs to understand and communicate NBBJ's unique value proposition, and look for novel opportunities to build awareness of NBBJ's service offerings. Lead Go/No Go process for new prospects in each studio and helps set marketing investment for each pursuit.
- Communication and Collaboration: The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating visibility and transparency in the sales pipeline and business development process among sales professionals.
- Content Development and Quality Assurance: The Marketing Manager has a proven track record developing relevant content that supports sales strategies. S/he ensures that all proposals, qualification packages, presentations, and general marketing materials portray NBBJ's brand as developed by the Communications team, producing best-in-class, and competitive marketing material.
- Design Discipline Empathy: The Marketing Manager is deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creation of learning opportunities for project teams is paramount. Because of this, an openness and desire to understand all the various aspects of design are critical, as is a commitment to dialogue with the broader NBBJ architect/designer community.
- Hold regular 1:1 check in calls with practice leads in each NBBJ office that does commercial work to review lead pipeline and status of marketing wins vs investments
- Managing Metrics: S/he tracks marketing burn, expenses, and helps set annual sales goals for each office within the commercial practice.
- Works with studios to determine marketing investment for each new pursuit and annual studio budgets for commercial marketing efforts
- Mentorship: S/he oversees, mentors, and guides marketing support staff and acts as an effective advocate for her/his team members. S/he is invested in the growth and development of her team.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in leading marketing and business development programs for professional services/B2B companies
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience and an ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate business development and marketing staff
- Familiarity with the A/E/C space
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; Graduate Degree in Real Estate business, Marketing or Communications a plus.
- Experience in an operational or project-management role
- Thorough understanding of executing demand generation and marketing programs
- Understanding of real estate marketing for development of commercial office and mixed use projects
- Ability to engage face to face or electronically with design professionals in a number of NBBJ offices on a regular basis and coach about marketing best practices
- Willingness to travel 25-30% in the U.S.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage large teams
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM and other marketing software is a plus