Passionate about marketing engineered products and technology? Feel underappreciated and underwhelmed at your current job? Join the newly restructured Mueller Water Products marketing team and put your talent to work. Building on a legacy of innovation, dependability, and service, we support a global sales team and growing customer base for products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water. Our broad product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire hydrants, metering products and systems, leak detection and pipe condition assessment technology.
- Responsible for Brand Marketing, which includes creative, campaign development, media, and advertising for the Company.
- Responsible for Field Marketing, which includes trade shows, sales meetings, specialty conferences, and promo items & apparel for the Company.
- Serves as the Specialty Valves value stream liaison for marketing to align resources and plan new product launches.
- Responsible for directing all activities with the Company’s marketing agency.
- Develops and maintains strong industry connections for competitive intelligence and trend analysis and designs.
- Working with the GM/VP of the Specialty Valves value stream, develops and recommends product positioning to produce the highest possible market share.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee achievement of marketing objective within designated budget.
- Provides leadership and development to direct report; recruit and evaluate staff
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven expertise in B2B brand management, preferably in the industrial or construction markets
- Ability to manage and direct marketing agencies to maximize results and minimize budget spend
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful marketing communication plans
- Integrity in all aspects of leadership through honesty, ethical and respectful behavior, commitment and consistency
- Drive for results to meet / exceed marketing targets on time, with demonstrated leadership, building trusting relationships throughout a long sales cycle, setting clear direction, practices and promotion of staff performance and safety
- Strong communication, networking and relationship building skills, using clarity, logic, transparency, tact and diplomacy
- Develops relationships ensuring open streams of communication
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 years’ experience in technical sales in a manufacturing organization, preferably in the industrial valve market
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business Administration
- Proven skill in generating marketing initiatives, including producing trade shows and special events.
- Able to prioritize critical tasks that add the highest value, adaptable and able to consistently deal with ever-changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage marketing tools, methodologies and processes that maximize brand awareness, product presence and revenue generation and profits
- Skill and experience in negotiating, evaluating marketing data and analysis and distributing information ensuring all marketing initiatives and trends are up-to-date
- Superior written and verbal communications including technical writing.