At James Hardie Building Products, we are looking for people who are Smart, Driven, and Real.
We hire leaders and innovators - not employees or staff. James Hardie is a $2B WORLD LEADER in fiber-cement building products and technology, and our success and quality of our products is attributed to the talent of our people. We manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential and light commercial markets.
The Marketing Manager will be a leader in the marketing team and will focus on demand generation, across all audiences, via paid and earned media. This employee must have strong organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills, as well proven results engaging an agency to extract their best work.
Key areas of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, development and execution of paid and earned media strategies, influencer programs and sponsorships, marketing analytics, project management, talent development, and effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
The Marketing Manager will be based out of our Chicago office (231 S. LaSalle), and will report to the Senior Marketing Manager of the Demand Generation Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the digital and agency teams to develop a demand generation playbook that brings customers through the purchase funnel, from lead to nurturing to conversion.
- Serves as the authority on paid and earned media, providing strategic direction/support at all stages of the lifecycle and establishing KPI standards.
- Accelerates consumer demand through development and deployment of effective lead generation strategies.
- Leads the development of a portfolio paid media plan and guides the buildout of campaigns and testing agendas to ensure goals are met.
- Establishes and optimizes against an influencer strategy to support earned media goals.
- Tracks the measurement and optimization of paid and earned efforts with appropriate reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Oversees project budgeting, prioritization, and allocation of resources to ensure on time, on budget, and complete delivery against plans
- Establishes, builds, and maintains relevant internal relationships, including those with the digital and brand strategy teams. Partners effectively with agency teams and holds them accountable to driving step change results for the organization.
- Builds people leadership skills through ongoing development and engagement of Associate Marketing Manager.
- Proven results developing and executing against paid and earned media strategies.
- Inquisitive approach to understanding data—possesses the ability to draw conclusions and develop calculated recommendations based on this understanding.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and lead generation tactics.
- Experienced in brief writing and leading an agency from idea to implementation.
- Demonstrated cross functional team leadership.
- High sense of self-accountability and rapid pace of play.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills to constructively foster relationships internally and externally, building advocacy amongst critical stakeholders.
- High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual, manager, and team contributor.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position has one direct report, thus ability to demonstrate leadership qualities in order to effectively influence cross-functional business partners and be considered for promotion is critical. Career path of this position is Sr. Marketing Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business is preferred
- 5 to 7+ years work experience in marketing, sales, advertising
- Experience in project management, administrative support operations, written communications, and/or documentation management highly desired
- Proven results in development and execution of paid and earned media strategies
- Proven ability to build effective cross-functional relationships and lead through influence
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.