The Marketing Manager (MassMutual Center) is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring marketing and public relations plans and budgets, as well as designing and implementing creative collateral to promote the revenue generating areas of the MassMutual Center; including Convention Center, Arena, and signage elements. . The role requires an understanding of the overall brand, multi-channel communications, current interactive technology and best practices in the area of entertainment, relationship marketing concepts and media. The position will utilize traditional mediums, web marketing, email, on-site activations, and social media strategies to drive event occupancy. The role will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with current sponsors and developing new and strategic partnerships to increase revenue.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the daily management of all marketing and public relations initiatives related to the MassMutual Center
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate all the activities of the Marketing department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility
- Responsible for public relations, promotions and publicity for the venue and the events: concerts, sporting events, conventions and shows within the facility, while developing creative marketing campaigns that promote public/community awareness
- Develop collateral, including fliers, newsletters, posters, postcards, email blasts, group sales brochures, pocket schedules, sales video, television, print and radio advertisements, marketing kits, billboards, building information guides, etc ushing publishing and graphic design software
- Key liaison for 3rd party live event marketing teams: updating on show occupancy, changes/improvements to marketing channels and overall communications
- Develop tactical/relationship marketing plans and strategies for events
- Execute marketing plans including media buying, advertising material development and promotions within specific budgetary constraints as laid out in contracts
- Prepare requests for proposals and letter of agreements for media partners
- Manage the overall sponsorship program which includes but is not limited to writing contracts, ensuring agreement details are upheld and creating brand-specific proposals for new opportunities
- Responsible for marketing portion of the settlement reconciliation for each event
- Maintains all content on owned assets including the website, social media, marquee, and on-property digital screens
- Manages brand presentation in all communication channels to maintain accurate information and presentation of the MassMutual Center and the events taking place within the building
- Manages social media, website, and email database platforms Spearheads initiatives both at the show level and beyond to capture new customers.
- Creates and prepares various managerial reports for executive review
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field and/or work; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in Marketing and/or Advertising environment
- Effectively communicate in English, both oral and written forms
- Previous experience in entertainment marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of marketing analytics
- Previous experienceworking within hospitality segments
- Previous experience working in a similar resort or live event environment
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Public Relations
- Familiarity with publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of supervisory principles with an emphasis on working with and training staff Abreast of industry trends, Social Media platforms, ROI possibilities and technology.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external professional relationships.
- Ability to influence across teams to achieve goals required.
- Navigates a complex organization with a wide variety of brands, target consumers and available assets.
- Thinks creatively and can pivot approach to adapt to situation or client as required.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and adapt to all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- An ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, weekends and holidays may also be required.
- This position will be required to travel occasionally to attend offsite meetings