The Marketing Manager serves as a key member of the integrated marketing effort with ownership of marketing communications portfolio focused on attracting new audiences to purchase Wisconsin Athletic Ticket Packages and make Athletic Donations. The position will be responsible for creating the overall strategy of email, digital media, and social campaigns to drive awareness, conversion, and sales. The successful candidate will bring creative ideas while utilizing the latest technology and techniques to drive marketing efforts. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with and stay consistent with branding of the Wisconsin Athletic marketing department. The Marketing Manager will have a direct report, Marketing Coordinator, and report to General Manager.
- The Marketing Manager drives business success for premium seating, season, group and general ticketing, annual philanthropic giving, and special events. Ticketing focused on Wisconsin Athletics’ Football, Men’s Basketball, and Men’s Hockey teams.
- Develop the integrated marketing and communications strategy for paid, earned and owned media.
- Creating a marketing plan designed to increasing alumni engagement through digital, social, and direct marketing campaigns, with an ultimate goal of broadening support and attracting new donors to Wisconsin Athletics, increasing donor spend, frequency, and leading execution of marketing plan.
- Ensuring all marketing materials are on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality & tone, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of marketing including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print, etc.
- Marketing on a 1-to-1 level. Each fan should feel like we are speaking specifically to them.
- Working with Director of Data and Analytics to gather data and using analytics to make changes to marketing strategy and execution based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Oversee the effectiveness of all campaigns by evaluating and managing the overall resource allocations and budget towards specific campaigns.
- Deliver executive management reports.
- Communicates brand standards with internal and external partners to ensure the consistent implementation of brand Optimizes messaging by channel.
- Thorough knowledge of advertising media principles, strategies, techniques and analytics
- Experience running multiple B2C campaigns simultaneously
- Six to eight (6-8) years of professional experience leader in multi-channel marketing, with an emphasis on digital
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Paciolan Marketing Automation, Salesforce CRM is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital / social media strategy, content publishing best practices and analytics
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a
- Understanding of how content marketing turns into revenue
- Aptitude for evolving and delivering an integrated media strategy across all platforms
- Creative aptitude, including excellent copy-writing and proofreading skills
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Professional, punctual and detail oriented while having a positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related communications field. MBA in marketing a
- Experience in the hospitality, tourism, live entertainment, sports industry or other ticket selling industries strongly preferred