The Marketing Manager is responsible for all strategic marketing activities for assigned product lines that achieve product line and corporate goals. He/she plans, manages, and executes annual marketing plans for product lines that deliver on acquisition and revenue KPIs, and further Kaplan Professional (KP) and Professional Publications, Inc's (PPI) brand promise. This person identifies the key product, competitive, and marketplace insights, and then applies those insights into actionable marketing plans. This position is also responsible for the creation of creative briefs, including the coordination of all inputs (research, metrics, reports, etc.) to develop and implement multi-channel marketing plans based on product line-specific revenue goals. This position provides guidance and direction both inside the marketing team and across all PPI departments, to assure alignment with brand, product and revenue objectives.
- Marketing P&L responsibility for assigned product lines and is responsible for successful go-to-market strategies
- Represents the voice of the customer, and develops an annual strategic product, brand and promotional campaigns that achieve corporate goals
- Responsible for creative briefs for all major campaigns to provide guidance to the creative solutions, digital, and B2B teams to tactically and consistently create the work across channels.
- Identify new marketing opportunities to grow sales/revenue.
- Prepare quarterly business reviews and align with performance unit reporting needs.
- Participate and contribute to weekly marketing management meetings and daily stand up meetings
- Train and mentor staff, work with staff to develop annual timelines that accurately track.
- Oversee development of annual marketing budgets and timelines to accurately account for all marketing activities. Monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Collaborate, review and approve all marketing materials as developed by the marketing specialists and graphics team.
- Collaborate, review and approve all digital marketing programs (CRM, Social, Content, SEM, SEO, etc.) executed by the digital marketing team.
- Manage and oversee retail website content and imagery and partner with the digital team to develop out new initiatives.
- Work closely with product management teams to develop new product marketing plans.
- Work with Market Intelligence. Director to identify and track customer and industry competitive data and trends.
- Work closely with Market Intelligence team to use data as provided to formulate new opportunities for product line growth.
- Maintain relationships with sales, CEMs, classroom ops, SMEs and other individuals as necessary to accomplish marketing/sales objectives.
- Maintain vendor relationships and manage print production.
- Advocate for value analysis and pricing. Work closely with Market Intelligence and Product Management to execute upon the analysis.
- Manages an associate marketing manager and a marketing coordinator to achieve goals
- Bachelor Degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications, Business, PR or a related degree; MBA Preferred
- 3-5 Years' experience of creating and launching successful marketing campaigns. Tech-savvy marketer with e-commerce experience. Relevant marketing experience with an in-house marketing department or advertising agency/design/publicity firm.
- Working knowledge of a variety of software packages including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated flexibility to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually as well as analytically.
- Ability to work with teams, both internal and external.
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet understanding and experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The desire to work in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial corporate environment
Demonstrates emotional intelligence by:
- Having social awareness
- Isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Accountable team player
- Takes ownership and responsibility for self and collaborative projects
- Ability to apply current position into the organizational objectives beyond goals
- Demonstrating patience and maturity
- Professionalism in the workplace