The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the center’s marketing efforts in support of the property’s strategic goals. The Marketing Manager will ensure that JLL’s marketing platforms (Marketing for Leasing, Marketing for Events, Marketing for Revenue), tools and Core Practices are effectively employed to drive results and maximize client satisfaction.
Marketing Strategy Development & Management - 20% - 40%
- Development of the annual marketing plan for the property based upon the center’s strategic goals.
- Creation of marketing budget to support the marketing plan; ongoing monitoring of the marketing budget; monthly reforecasting and adjustment as needed to meet year-end projections.
- Otherresponsibilities include analysis of sales and statistical data, financialreporting, public relations, media buying, traditional and digital media management, program results documentation and general administrative duties.
Marketing Strategy Implementation - 40% - 60%
- Develop and effectively execute special events and internal and external communication strategies to drive traffic to the property.
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager to identify and implement all appropriate corporate programs.
- Effectively manage the property’s digital media programs (social media, mobile, web) as applicable.
- Effectively utilize market and consumer research to develop the center’s marketing plan and support the leasing efforts.
- Partner with the Leasing team to support the leasing efforts by compiling relevant information and creating professional, compelling sales materials.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the trade area including all competitive properties, market and customer demographics and available media.
- Partner with Specialty Leasing to develop and implement local and corporate ancillary income opportunities to generate additional revenue for the property.
- Review monthly event sales reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of event bookings; track key category trends.
- Cultivate and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities, professionally representing the property and JLL.
- Develop an ongoing public relations action plan as needed; send out press releases; track publicity.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and events.
- Complete special assignments as directed by the General Manager and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
Provide Superior Client Service - Less than 20%
- Collaborate with property team and regional resources to achieve client-driven property business goals while ensuring that JLL’s Core Practices are followed.
- Communicate with the client and regional team members as needed or required. Elements of communication to the client and team members may vary and could include: sales narrative; key retailer report; results of marketing for leasing, sales and alternative revenue efforts.
Leadership, Motivation and Development
- Serve on Jones Lang LaSalle taskforce as assigned by Regional Marketing Manager.
- If applicable, provide constructive feedback, regular coaching and career development input throughout the year to help employees achieve performance objectives and develop their professional skills and capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 5 Years of relevant experience
- 5 years in retail, event marketing, advertising or comparable business experience
- 1-2 years retail and or eventexperience
Skills and knowledge
- Computer literate, knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), special event coordination and management experience along with the ability to multitask.
- Sales/negotiation skills a plus.
- Must have experience in managing budgets
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Client relationship management experience
- Strong team player
- Sponsorships/revenue generation experience
- CMD designation preferred, but not required.
- Real estate experiencepreferred; but not necessary