Johns Manville, Roofing Systems is currently looking to hire a Marketing Manager, located in Denver, CO. The purpose of the Marketing Manager position is to lead the design and development of competitive strategies, market segmentation, targeting and positioning, and customer needs analysis. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of marketing at each point in the value chain for the respective Contractor, Owner, and Distributor channels.
Applicants can expect to make between $91,000 to $112,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
- Qualify and promote business opportunities, set the direction, value proposition, and value delivery system for all channels in the marketing plan
- Lead category management efforts -- promotion, advertising, analyze, and communicate market demand, market trends, and develop forecasts used in strategic planning
- Analyze and communicate competitor's strategies. In conjunction with product managers develop marketing strategy and lead the business execution of these plans
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 3-5 marketing professionals. This includes setting direction and deploying resources, having ongoing performance discussions, pay reviews, hiring/terminating.
- Support the sales organization to meet and exceed the operating plan for sales revenue and contribution margin
- Develop and execute the marketing communications plan, including trade merchandising, trade media, and trade public relations plans
- Be an industry expert and thought leader, providing vision and leadership
- Maintain a key focus on mega trends and other broad influences that shape critical customer requirements and JM's solution planning
- Work with Product Management and IC&E to develop and commercialize new products, which includes product/solution messaging and content management
- Provide key leadership throughout the product development cycle, with particular emphasis on the voice of the customer and product launch activity
- Implement pricing strategies and provide sales team support for identified pricing and promotion considerations
- Anticipate and mitigate competitive reactions to JM's strategies. Track and direct expenditures consistent with identified budgets
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree (Marketing or Business preferred) with a minimum of 10 years of related experience (marketing and/or product management preferred)
- MBA or advanced degree (preferred)
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both and externally
- Leads project team to achieve milestones and objectives by setting priorities and providing direction. May provide feedback for performance evaluations.
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)