Who are we?
Intersection is an experience-driven Out of Home media and technology company that delivers programming, consumer amenities, and advertising to cities. From free internet access to way-finding to real-time information, our products make city life easier and more sustainable. We further enrich cities with experiential programming that inspires and engages people throughout their day. With valuable, diverse audiences in America’s top cities, we provide innovative, data-driven solutions for brands to reach urbanites at scale.
What is the role?
As a Marketing Manager, you will help shape the way we present our products and position our presence on the East Coast markets. You will work directly with the Regional Marketing Director and CMO and play a role in developing and improving marketing strategy to drive results. In this role, you will lead cross-functional efforts across sales and visual design, to support the sales team and ultimately drive revenue.
This position is located in our Philadelphia office and is part of our Marketing organization.
In the first three months, you will:
- Serve as point person for media RFPs, offering strategic and creative insights as well as day-to-day project management to meet deliverables
- Lead creation of sales and marketing materials, special offers, and collateral on a national and local basis
- Craft compelling visual concepts alongside the Design team to bring creative concepts to life for prospective and existing clients
- Directly manage the in-market Photographers and Graphic Designer
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Director & others to collaborate on major projects and support the East Pod (comprised of New York City, New Jersey, Boston and Philadelphia)
Within the first year, you will:
- Work with Sales Manager and General Manager to align marketing strategy with sales objectives, working with sales teams to ensure marketing tactics are contributing to overall revenue target success
- Work closely with Marketing Managers across the company to share best practices and resources and collaborate on major projects
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs and pain points
- Shape photography strategy with the photography team to demonstrate value to advertisers and clients, problem-solving to help this team meet photography deadlines and special projects
- Work cross-functionally to develop new advertising products, developing project plans from inception to launch
- Develop an analytical lens to monitor market health and proactively recommend ways to improve revenue performance
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media and competitors and position Intersection accordingly in all materials
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 4-6+ years of relevant marketing experience; Sales Marketing experience a plus
- You have a deep understanding and love of the Philadelphia area with intellectual curiosity in thinking about the city as an advertising audience. Hyper local marketing experience in the Philadelphia market is preferred. Knowledge of the Boston area is a plus
- You have broad marketing experience and skill set with a focus on results
- You have the ability to think strategically and analytically to problem solve for our Marketing team & our clients
- You are highly creative, with excellent writing, organization, and execution skills
- Of your passion for storytelling through the use of data analytics and market research
- Your record of getting things done, someone who will roll up their sleeves and plow through obstacles to meet deliverables and follow through on promises
- You have current management experience(a plus)
- You hold media, startup, and/or tech industry experience (a plus)