Marketing Manager, Influencer Programs
Who We Are:Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Brooks has an incredible group of long-time Brooks ambassadors who champion our brand on the ready – and they exist both online and offline. The question is, how do we bring these groups together to create a universe where everyone is informed and part of the brand, and excited to celebrate with us at every turn, whether it be new product launches or important brand moments like an athlete winning the Boston Marathon. Our influencers are an extension of Brooks and an important part of our connective tissue with runners. The Influencer Manager is responsible for driving strategy and executing much of the influencer programming for the brand. All programming will be built in partnership with a cross-functional group of peers across marketing including your colleagues in retail marketing, PR, sports marketing, sales and more. The ideal candidate will have proven experience identifying and engaging influencers, managing influencer outreach programs, and creating engaging, brand worthy content. You will also have deeply rooted interest in culture, entertainment, and lifestyle and be able to identify key influencers for both paid and earned opportunities.
- Define and lead the future of our global influencer strategic approach.
- Own U.S. strategy and execution in partnership with key cross-functional groups.
- Identify and understand how to utilize influencers for both paid and earned opportunities – online and offline.
- Manage digital media influencer marketing campaigns from signed SOW to post-campaignreporting.
- Lead communication on influencer campaigns with influencers, including negotiation, ensuring campaign and messaging are executed correctly and on time, and optimizing strategy when necessary.
- Create and execute project campaign timelines and schedules, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of campaigns and client goals.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with influencers.
- Contribute to creative ideas, strategy, and research in response to active pitches and proposals involving Influencers.
- Evaluate campaign results and report on key insights, recommendations, and strategic adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or relevant equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in influencer marketing and community partnerships.
- Solid understanding of all major social media and video platforms, particularly: Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company and our external partners.
- Ability to present with confidence to key stakeholders and executives.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Demonstration of initiative and innovation – always looking at improving our presence and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embrace and live the Brooks values!