Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director, Global & Strategic Marketing the Marketing Manager is accountable for the strategic and tactical product management responsibilities for BD Bioscience’s portfolio of Infectious Diseases’ Assay menu. Within this marketing role, this individual will contribute to short- and long-term marketing and financial objectives for the Clinical Solutions platform.
The Marketing Manager role is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level. Influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans; contributes to worldwide product planning and strategy; serves on Global Product Development System (GPDS) and/orother New Product Development Core Team(s); manages marketing expensebudget driving top line sales performance; influences within work area/ department/ function; provides significant input into product line-relatedbusiness decisions and resource planning; plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading project/ initiative teams, including marketing core team member on product development core team. Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. market shaping, HEOR, product development,forecasting.
• Manages assigned product line with responsibility for results in terms of achievement of budgeted levels of sales. Works cross-functionally to deliver operational objectives and assignments.
• Accountable for working with regional marketing counterparts to develop and execute regional strategies to ensure achievement of financial/ budget expectations
• Implements and maintains "best practices" in market shaping, product development marketing, and lifecycle management.
• Contributes to the development and execution of new product plans which meet the Division's worldwide strategic and financial objectives.
• Partners with R&D, Regulatory, Operations, Sales and other functional and regional teams to value new business opportunities and to develop new products relevant to growth.
• Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
• Collects, analyzes and interprets sales, financial, and other data to develop reports and identifies and interprets trends to support decision making of products within the Clinical Solutions portfolio.
• Coordinates within marketing and cross-functionally in support of the annual strategic planning process.
• Works across functional groups to develop reports and provide analysis and interpretation to address senior management information needs.
Job ID R-300014