HMH is seeking a self-driven, innovative marketing professional to join its Field Sales Marketing team. The Marketing Manager will assist with integrating and optimizing Field Sales Marketing functions and processes to ensure campaigns are executed with the most effective tactics and channels to achieve results, whether traditional or digital.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Marketing, Campaign Execution, the Marketing Manager will serve as a driver of HMH marketing best practices and processes, as well as collaborate with colleagues across the company to ensure HMH is positioned and marketed appropriately to support the sales field through targeted strategies and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a marketing or industry based background, that shows initiative, thrives in a collaborative, multitasking environment and is ready to take on new challenges.
- Engage in the campaign planning process to ensure applicable digital and social tactics are deployed in order to build and maintain a strong community network
- Assist in the delivery and execution of multi-channel campaigns across Field Sales Marketing, ensuring the alignment of communication and tactics
- Identify and provide counsel on appropriate assets for customer-facing outlets such as state-focused and campaign landing pages, social media, virtual conferences
- Elevate and strengthen usage of digital/social media with team members through awareness-building efforts
- Resolve critical points of unconnected sources to effectively process leads through planned nurture paths
- Refine processes to ensure campaigns maximize resources and are executed utilizing the most appropriate channels for effectiveness and ROI
- Collaborate with team members to execute on state partner benefits and leverage HMH brand/message
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of customer-facing content assets and recommend usage by strategy for team members and sales partners
- Participate in the process of editing campaign and state web pages to ensure relevant, timely HMH content is presented in line with strategic initiatives
- Utilize knowledge and expertise when providing input and counsel on improvements relevant to increasing efficiency and streamlining processes in Field Sales Marketing
- Complete project assignments in SharePoint, ensuring issues are escalated and resolved, Notes and Status are updated, and final output is communicated to initial requestor, filed, reported to manager
- Analyze and evaluate requests against marketing best practices and recommend potential approach to achieve the stated goal or desired results
- Maintain relationships and overall awareness of responsibilities with internal department partners
- Demonstrate proficiency in the internal tools and applications utilized by Field Sales Marketing.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of HMH company brand and brand guidelines, including style and usage
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience needed
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience
- Sales experience is a plus
- Education industry experience is preferred
- Experience with traditional and digital marketing channels, including strategies and analytics
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Proficiency in Salesforce and SharePoint is a plus
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, 4+ hours.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls and online meetings.