Marketing Manager, Higher Education Vertical
Location: New York City, NY
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Vertical Marketing Manager to join our Higher Education Marketing team in the LinkedInMarketing Solutions business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for serving as the catalyst for the growth of customer engagement, consideration and revenue generated from our Marketing Solutions customers in the higher education industry.
In this role, you will report to the “Group Manager, Education Vertical Marketing” and work hand in hand with other global leaders in Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, as well as regional marketing leaders in EMEA, APAC, and LATAM. You will also work across a senior group of stakeholders in Sales, Product, Insights/Research, Business Planning and Marketing Operations. A key element in this role is effective customer segmentation, needs analysis, and project management as well as other large deal support, finding ways to expand relevance for additional enterprise customers as well as for mid-market customers across our channels: field sales, events, online and social media. This role requires strong alignment to the sales team and to internal and external partners.
- Understand our key sales priorities and customer needs in the higher education vertical and tailor go-to-market strategies and programs for specific customer segments.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (sales, field marketing, and marketing communication) to create and implement innovative marketing programs and campaigns that differentiate LinkedIn in the market.
- Develop high-touch creative, in-person engagements and programs that scale for broader reach.
- Execute and support email newsletter campaigns for our most valuable higher education customers.
- Execute and inform the content marketing and account based marketing (ABM) strategy for the education vertical.
- Advise on best practices and educate marketing peers with regard to marketing results.
- Manage relationship with external agencies and partners to execute our marketing and events strategy.
- Willingness totravel to client andevent sites as well as to allLinkedIn offices, up to80% during peak times of theyear.
- 5+ years of marketing related experience (can be a mix of product marketing, field marketing, marketing consulting, event marketing, and marketing communications).
- 3+years ofexperience marketingdigitaladvertising solutions to niche industry audiences
- BA degree
- Good understanding of the higher education industry and the unique needs of education marketers.
- Experience building sales enablement materials for sales teams.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to translate complexity into simplicity.
- Passion for LinkedIn, storytelling, insights, solution selling and our customers.
- Expertise and passion for customer segmentation and needs assessment and the ability to build strategies to address these needs that differentiate LinkedIn to generate revenue and adoption.
- Knowledge of performance/online marketing and the media marketplace
- Proficient at learning complex software solutions
- Excellent communication, problem solving, teamwork, support and creative solution building skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment