HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a creative, organized, and dynamic Marketing Manager to work on title-specific middle grade marketing campaigns on a variety of books, ranging from non-fiction to literary and commercial fiction. Duties include managing title budgets, developing and executing marketing plans, presenting at internal and external meetings, and extensive copywriting. This role will also oversee the Marketing Assistant for the team. The role requires an incredibly detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and on tight timelines, plus the excitement to join a dedicated, enthusiastic middle grade team.
- Brainstorm, develop, and execute integrated marketing campaigns for key titles and series.
- Communicate plans and strategies to in-house team, including editorial and sales.
- Develop product positioning and brand messaging, utilizing digital as well as traditional media.
- Work closely with authors and agents on marketing initiatives.
- Write ad copy and provide design direction, and develop short- and long-form content for social media (tweets, blogs, etc.).
- Work closely with digital team in creating marketing strategies and online content.
- Collaborate with Marketing Directors and other team members to shape overall middle grade title strategy and to execute larger initiatives.
- Oversee Marketing Assistant, including managing daily tasks, and overall career development.
- Occasional travel to represent HarperCollins at consumer and trade festivals.
- Manage middle grade strategy and presence at key festivals and events throughout the year, serving as primary middle grade point of contact.
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience in trade book marketing and/or kids’ product marketing; children’s book experiencepreferred (with some middle grade experience a plus)
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write in a voice appealing to parents and tweens
- Experience working on compelling campaigns to reach a consumer audience
- Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Experience working on mobile platforms a plus
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Appreciation and knowledge of current trends in popular culture extremely helpful
- Bachelor’s degree, proficient in Microsoft Office; social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
- Talent at balancing priorities under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
- Prior management experience, a plus