The Hartford is now the second largest group disability insurer with a $6B book of business encompassing Fortune 500 corporations as well as middle, regional and small business clients. We are focused on customer experiences and consistently invest in our people, processes and technology to ensure we are delivering market leading capabilities. A significant component of our GB offering is focused on key market segments, for which we have created specialized products to meet the unique needs of employers and employees in organizations like doctor’s offices, schools, and organizations that serve small businesses, to name a few. Each product set is crafted with care to ensure that we offer these groups the coverage they value. The Marketing Manager, Vertical Markets, will work hand-in-glove with cross-functional business partners tounderstand and bring to market value propositions, marketing and communications to tell The Hartford’s story in a relatable, meaningful and empathic way to our customers at both the employer and employee levels – think HR and end consumer. This individual is responsible for developing Vertical Markets strategies that build our brand and impact profitable growth both in the pre-sale process as well as stewardship. This individual works cross functionally with key partners spanning strategy, enterprise branding, operations, claims, and eBusiness. This individual should bring creativity, energy and a sense of humor towork – there is a lot to be done and we plan to have fun doing it.Responsibilities:
- Owns business partner relationships and marketing agendas across key vertical markets, including Public & Education, Physicians, Professional Employer Organizations and Group Retiree Health
- Cultivates relationships with field partners to understand their business needs, their clients and creates collateral and experiences to meet those needs
- Creates marketing strategy and campaigns based on business partners’ objectives; builds educational tools and assets related to segment marketing and education. Identifies and takes on special projects to build connectivity between Vertical and Voluntary markets
- Counsels on most appropriate communications strategies to achieve business objectives
- Ensures consistent marketing and communications programs by leveraging all available marketing tools and mediums/technologies and make recommendations for new and innovative tools
- Provides project management leadership to develop, create, and execute marketing initiatives and campaigns on tight timelines
- Partners with Voice of Customer marketing lead to appropriately integrate feedback into Vertical Markets strategy
- Actively manages multiple timelines, vendors and budgets
- Partners with Creative Services team to prepare creative briefs to provide direction on design concepts and collateral
- Partners with Enterprise Marketing to support Vertical Markets campaign management, execution and brand alignment
- Partners with Sales to ensure marketing strategies are socialized with the broader organization
- Supports iMarket collateral system ensuring compliant management
- Supports finalist presentations, as needed, to drive new sales opportunities or stewardship
- Remains current on competitor press releases, new product announcements, marketing and positioning of product and services, competitor thought leadership
- Partners with fellow marketing team members to ensure business marketing initiatives appropriately align to overall GB strategy and marketing plan
- Takes the initiative to identify needs and develop realistic and creative solutions
- 4 year degree in Marketing experience required (MBA or MA advanced degree preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in Marketing required, with significant expertise in B2B marketing. Minimum of three years' experience in insurance, ideally focused on customer targeting, communication and retention, as well as sales engagement.
- Experience in a matrixed environment.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Marketing Manager, Group Benefits - Vertical Markets - 1803996