As the Marketing Manager, you are responsible for all local marketing initiatives in the Portland market. You will be a key player in growing both sides of Getaround’s marketplace in Portland (car owners and renters). Your responsibilities include sourcing, planning and executing local events; negotiating sponsorships deals with local vendors; and managing contract resources to deliver on quarterly marketing objectives.
The ideal candidate is organized, hard working, and has relevant field marketing experience. You are a self-starter that works well with minimal direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Source, plan, and execute local marketing events and programs.
- Hire, train, and manage contract resources, including brand ambassadors and event staff.
- Identify, negotiate, and implement partnerships with local businesses and organizations.
- Develop and deliver on quarterly and annual local marketing plans.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Growth, and Business Development Teams at HQ to support national campaigns and to ensure consistent messaging.
- Analyze campaign metrics and trends to increase quarterly ROI on local marketing efforts.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in relevant local or field marketing role.
- You are disciplined, well-organized and efficient.
- You take a detailed and methodical approach to every project.
- You have a “no job too small” attitude.
- You have a high quality bar.
- You are prepared to elevate our brand and establish it as a leader in carsharing.
- Experience leading local marketing or field marketing teams.
- Experience working with print and digital vendors at scale.
- Prior success working at a fast-paced, high growth startup.