Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Gallery, Scout & Threshold Books is seeking an experienced marketing professional with demonstrated success in the book publishing industry and an interest in Women's Fiction, Pop Culture, Lifestyle, Politics and Memoirs.
- Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns, in close collaboration with authors, for 12-15 books per season.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Support social media manager's strategy for growth.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, infographics, and email copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Participate in the planning and preparation for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles.
- Promote imprint titles in-house for corporate initiatives
- Engage in imprint branding efforts as needed.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving Gallery Books campaigns-new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
- Work closely with the Gallery sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on book marketing experience- with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles
- Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities