The Marketing Manager for the Grocery/Drug/Pharmacy BUs primary responsibility will be development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans to achieve strategic goals and objectives by understanding the buying habits of customers. This includes the integration of all marketing channels, promotions, advertising and in-store experience for Kmart.
- Create consumer marketing plans and own/drive 12 month planning calendar to successful outcome.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in marketing, consulting or brand management in a B2C environment.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience is highly desired.
- Superior communication and project management experience with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous/ever changing environment.
- Marketing experience across various channels and multiple disciplines of marketing (print, direct, event, creative, etc.). Circular experience is a plus!
- Experience with development and implementation of the budgeting process and creating, developing and managing a business plan is a plus.