Position Summary :
GeneDx is looking for a dynamic, proven Marketing Manager to establish the roadmap for clinical marketing programs in our Inherited Cancers business unit. This is a multifaceted role, requiring a combined skill set of scientific understanding and business acumen.
Position Responsibilities :
The Marketing Manager will lead the design, development, and implementation of new clinical marketing campaigns for GeneDx.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Work with Sales and Clinical Team to facilitate physician and patient education through brochures, videos, websites, e-blasts, presentations, speaking programs, etc.
- Understand the science behind the products and identify future products or line extensions based on this knowledge.
- Interface with all functional areas including Field Sales, Medical Scientific Liaisons, R&D, Clinical/Reporting, Laboratory, IT, and Regulatory & Quality compliance.
- Work with clinical team in authoring publications, white papers, and clinical case studies.
- Writing copy for marketing materials to highlight our product benefits
- Performing competitive research and benchmarking
- Acquire, analyze, and act on market research information, including, but not limited to, planning and executing focus group meetings with varying types of current and potential clients.
- Identify the key thought leaders in the industry and develop a strong working relationship with them, so they become advisors to the company and advocate the company's products.
- Work with scientific advisory board and use their expertise and resources to grow the business
- Evaluate, understand, and predict competitors' activities.
- Researching new technologies and collaborating with our medical team for market entrance
- Providing medical/technical training and support for our sales force
- Supervisory responsibility for 1 direct report
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- BachelorDegree in Genetic Counseling, Marketing, Business, Health Science, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related field
- 5 years related marketing experience in clinical diagnostics, genetics services, and/or product management within the healthcare field (lab, pharma, clinical, etc.)
- Experience with authoring peer-reviewed literature
- Availability to travel20% of the time
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in the healthcare field, preferably in genetics.
- Experience in genetic counseling and/or laboratory services preferred.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Proficient in presenting to clinicians, colleagues, and the lay public
- Knowledge and insight into the clinical diagnostic market.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and overall positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex medical topics quickly.
- History of success in marketing or sales.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate teams comprised of R&D, lab, IT, sales, billing, purchasing, etc.
- Master's Degree
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 5 years
- Healthcare Product Management: 5 years
- Authoring peer-reviewed literature: 2 years
- Elmwood Park, NJ