Principal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of all marketing materials such as marketing support plans and calendars, seasonal and designer bridal creative briefs, tactical briefs for print collateral, signage, and traditional media, and promotional and content plans against the brand architecture.
• Partner with appropriate internal partners and external partners to deliver measurably superior programs.
• Develop design plan for all designer communications.
• Serve as primary marketing liaison with creative, designer brands, and otherinternal/external partners.
• Execute creative briefs for marketing projects and campaigns and partners with the creative team to ensure that project objectives are met.
• Collaborate with the merchant group to develop marketing materials in support of merchandising strategy.
• Lead the development of consumer understanding and competitor understanding programs to finesse and strengthen our brand architecture with the objective to drive higher awareness and improved image ratings.
• Lead the development of traffic-generating programs and marketing plans and develop appropriate tests/metrics to identify which to expand.
• Develop appropriate dashboards for assessing brand awareness and image relative to competition. Ensures the right pieces of research are in place to get necessary input.
• Lead the development of promotions and other initiatives, partnering with internal and external partners, to ensure excellent execution.
• Assist in managing research and tracking studies to monitor target audience trends.
• Support domestic and international stores with marketing plans for new store openings, store remodels, and store relaunches.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with IT, Marketing, Merchandising, external agencies, and a variety of other functional areas.
• Provide support to internal partners as necessary.
• Domestic travel may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required
• MBA a plus
• 5-10 years management, leadership experience
• Proven track record of having positively transformed a brand. Prior fashion and/or retail brand experiencepreferred
• Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing concepts and fundamentals including familiarity with paid search and social media platforms
• Thorough understanding of branding principals, tactics and measures
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent critical thinking, data analysis, and project management skills
• Ability to analyze research as well as lead advertising activities
• Possess an inquisitive and competitive nature, thirsting to understand competitors, consumers, and our company to identify how we can “win”
• Ability to review and interpret information in order to perform duties
• Ability problem solve and executive solutions
• Excellent leadership skills; a reputation of building and inspiring a staff of experts, product and creative professionals; an enthusiastic, charismatic leadership style
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including: IT, sales, merchandising and leading a variety of external marketing support agencies (creative, media and PR)
• Conveys a “team first” mentality; has a collaborative nature, yet has an ability to lead
• Strong interpersonal and judgment skills to influence internal and external teams
• Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone or similar device with or without assistive technology
• Ability to perform sedentary work