Job ID: ORM001082
ORMCO SUMMARY:Since 1960, Ormco, a subsidiary of KavoKerr, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment. Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
DESCRIPTION:The Marketing Manager will beresponsible for developing, maintaining and executingmarketing strategies tosupport and deliver revenue and growth objectives of the Damon System. Major areas of responsibility include annual product strategy and growth plans,marketing communications (advertising, e-marketing,sales collateral,promotions,trade shows/industryevents, training/educational materials, and public relations), market planning, product launches, brand identity, and customerexperience.PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Commercial Value Stream for the Damon System – generating and nurturing marketing leads for the Damon suite of products by developing and executing a comprehensive transformative marketing strategy for the Damon brand – focusing on generating demand that turns in to sales opportunities and revenue.
- Plan and execute the marketing-specific tasks for all product launches, including brand/naming strategy, messaging, positioning and go-to-market plan, and pricing.
- Write copy for and manage the creative development of marketing materials to supportsales revenue. Deliverables include sales collateral, advertising/PR, promotions, e-marketing, social media, training/education materials, trade show support and patient education materials.
- Partner with the sales team to deliver all necessary tools, product training and selling strategies.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (marketing, sales, product development, R&D, operations, customer support, legal, regulatory, finance) throughout product development and commercialization processes.
- Forecast and manage the annual marketingbudget for assigned responsibilities.
- Develop and deliver product presentations to sales teams, product development, key customers and key thought leaders (KTLs).
- Create reports and analyze key product/marketing metrics to identify new opportunities.
- Support global brand strategy, messaging and material development through coordinating with global marketing teams.
- Assist in company-wide marketing initiatives as needed.
- Approximately 30% travel, international travelrequired.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of marketingexperience launching and driving demand for commercial products: preferably in the healthcare or dental industry.
- 3+ years experience managing brands generating 50 million+ per years in revenue
- 30 % travel (largely domestic some international)
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- Strategic— must be able to make decisions quickly that drive Company goals and objectives.
- Communication— must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms. Creative writing experience a plus.
- Self-reliant — must be able to create, write and execute his/her marketing plans (does not rely on an agency or others to execute their work).
- Analytical– must be able to evaluate marketing program return-on-investment and make recommendations to improve program structure for Company and customers.
- Creative – must be able to generate out-of-the-box solutions and have experience writing/editing copy and directing graphic design.
- Leader — must be willing to take risks, self-confidence and the ability to work with all departments in the organization and higher levels of management.
- Influence — must be able to influence direct reports, peers, leadership staff, external customers.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mentality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Keynote and CRM a plus).
- Problem solver; uses logic and rigorous problem-solving tools to solve difficult problems; uses fact based analysis; looks beyond the obvious.