The Customer & Market Insights mission is to help Salesforce reimagine the way we build, market, engage, sell, and service with our customer's voice as our north star. Our team delivers deep research and actionable insights that drive product priorities, fuel successful launches and amazing keynotes and help deliver on ACV goals. We reimagine feedback at scale with the IdeaExchange and close the loop with every release so our customers feel valued and heard.
In this role, you will build and leverage a deep understanding of Salesforce's Voice of the Customer research, along with our customers' stories, to create narratives, content and campaigns evangelizing why Customer Insights are unique and valuable.
This opportunity on the Customer & Market Insights team places you at the heart of innovation at Salesforce. You will help drive brand, value proposition, messaging and engagement for one of Salesforce's most critical functions. And you'll be on the front lines with our customers and prospects, showcasing inspiring and influential narratives that shape our business and our customers' success.
Why this role is unique:
- Ownership: You own the marketing strategy end-to-end for the portfolio of Customer Insights worldwide. You are essentially the "CMO" of the Voice of the Customer business, responsible for developing a compelling value proposition and hands-on creation of innovative, high-impact campaigns.
- High visibility, and opportunity to make big impact: from Day One, you are creating new strategies and programs, thinking holistically across marketing channels and across the marketing funnel. From targeted, audience-based programs to broader awareness and evangelism initiatives, this role encompasses all aspects of marketing.
- Global and deeply cross-functional: you will be partnering across internal teams and stakeholders, regions, and the customer community, developing programs that scale but also flex to meet targeted audience needs.
- Be the marketing engine behind the Customer & Market Insights team, focusing on our internal and market-facing audiences, to drive awareness, consumption and replication of our offerings.
- Internally: grow function awareness and the consumption of our Insights. Drive organizational behavior change based on our customer and prospect needs.
- Externally: close the loop with customers on how we action their feedback. Further Salesforce's market position as an innovator and thought leader by evangelizing our world-class customer listening function as central to our company's growth.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to dramatically increase awareness of the Customer & Market Insights program and portfolio.
- Craft a compelling value proposition, specific to each of our target audiences, to communicate the value of the Customer Voice. Inspire and align our target audiences leveraging a variety of marketing tactics.
- Relaunch the Customer & Market Insights brand across Salesforce and in the market. Develop a compelling launch campaign that inspires our 40,000+ Salesforce army to listen to our customers and act on that feedback.
- Determine measurement strategies to demonstrate program success. Partner closely with the Global Brand & Cross Product Marketing team to determine a consistent method for assessing business performance. Monitor and report on the performance of our assets and communicate the results of marketing efforts.
- Use a hypothesis-driven approach to test and refine pilots and programs and identify top performing levers.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ relevant experience, in B2B technology space with ideally prior experience working with internal and/or customer marketing programs
- Track record in developing and running high impact integrated campaigns.
- Ability to create compelling value propositions and differentiated messaging strategies.
- Ability to navigate culture and senior stakeholders across multiple functions & geos to establish buy-in for Marketing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills – a blend of firmness and conviction with diplomacy and a constructive attitude.
- A bias for action and a comfort with numbers: ability to translate data into executive-friendly narratives and actionable recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to drive for results, in a fast-paced environment and matrix organization
- Ability to drive a portfolio of priorities and programs with keen eye to prioritization and business impact.
- Outcome-focused, and proactive about identifying new opportunities to drive the business.