We are looking for a creative and data-driven marketer to join our team and lead lifecycle email marketing and social media channels for Tynker. Are you an entrepreneurial self-starter? An innovative thinker? A kick-ass marketer with successful startup experience? Are you a stickler for polished visuals and correct grammar? Then read on:
Tynker is seeking a creative and data-driven marketer to lead our lifecycle email and multi-channel marketing efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for driving measurable results through effective programs, delivered across multiple channels. You will design and execute marketing campaigns to engage our parent audience and improve existing customer communications. The process includes research, planning, coordination, testing, design, execution, and results analysis.
- Drive adoption of Tynker’s products among students, educators and parents through effective demand generation programs
- Craft compelling messages for parents and students about Tynker’s maker platform, coding and creativity
- Manage production of creative for email, desktop and on-device notifications, and other customer touch points
- Manage social media profiles and channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Manage parent and community outreach to identify key students to feature on our community pages
- Leverage marketing analytics to provide insights into and improve overall marketing ROI
- Coordinate with our PR group to plan and execute campaigns
- Work with creative team to develop content and creative assets
- Provide input into development and design teams to improve our products
- Organize tradeshow participation and events
- MBA or advanced degree preferred. Undergraduate degree required.
- 5+ years marketing experience with a solid track record of developing and launching products, marketing programs and initiatives
- Proven success in developing and marketing new “kids” products, with previous experience in the education space (e.g. K-12 schools and districts, foundations, e-learning)
- Experience using campaign management tools and top-tier Email Service Providers to execute campaigns
- Analytical thinker with outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write engaging messages targeted at multiple audiences
- Experience writing both long and short form copy to help define and explain abstract concepts
- Ability to condense complicated ideas into short readable copy
- Strong direct-to-consumer e-commerce, direct response and/or online marketing experience with a solid understanding of the social marketing/media landscape
- Deep experience with Mailchimp, measurement and audience segmentation
- Strong knowledge of SEO/SMO best practices
- Previous success with press, analysts, bloggers and other influencers in capturing consistent mindshare and category leadership
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines