Marketing Manager - Commercial Lines
Our client is a well-respected P&C Insurance Agency and they have Retained The Carlisle Group to conduct a Search for a Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager is responsible for assisting the agency in the placement of commercial accounts with insurance companies. In performing these duties, the Marketing Manager is expected to meet the agency’s defined standards for client service, professionalism and work attitude.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Assist the Producers in meeting their production goals while placing risks that meet the agency’s underwriting standards and carrier commitments and guidelines.
- Review, analyze, and submit applications to insurance companies. Make recommendations regarding the risk to the Producer for the most cost effective and proper insurance coverage.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for the best coverage at the best price.
- Assist sales preparing the insurance program for presentation to the client.
- Prepare quotations and proposals for new business.
- Adhere to agency procedures that enforce E &O controls, integrity of data to the system, efficient use of resources and an equitable distribution of workload among all staff members.
- Attend periodic sales meetings to discuss current market conditions as well or to provide status reports of work in progress and input to sales strategy.
- Review expiration lists 120 days in advance of expiration to determine what accounts require re-marketing and assist in the designation of whether that remarketing be done in the Marketing Department or be completed by the CSR/Producer.
- Attend sponsored seminars and educational activities required to maintain product knowledge, underwriting expertise and agency procedural and computer proficiency as well as state continuing education requirements.
- Maintain Marketing procedures and recommend additions to Agency Owners and/or other Department Managers.
- Meet with company representatives to maintain awareness of marketplace.
- Direct the activity of the Marketing Assistant through training, and direct administration of activities.
- Delegate activities to the Marketing Assistant for preparation of proposals, correspondence, and data entry into the system.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- College education or equivalent insurance experience and P & C Insurance License
- Thorough knowledge of the State Insurance Laws.
- Thorough knowledge of all P & C coverage definitions.
- Proficient understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Three or more years of Marketing experience.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Training/development skills required.
- Able to organize, coordinate and direct work flow.
- Able to use all related hardware and software.