Marketing Manager – Commercial Learning and Development Team
This function reports into the commercial learning and development group that manages the IDEXX Learning Center and Sales Training Strategy. We are looking for a strong candidate to design, develop, implement, track success of marketing and training programs to support the organization’s products and/or services (herein referred to as products). Develop and maintain overall events ROI Dashboards, targeting strategies and segmentation for personalized content marketing via multiple channels. Facilitate and present at multi partner meetings with high-level competencies for strategic and multifaceted vision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for marketing and program management of one or more new and existing products and/or functional areas. Products may include worldwide responsibility.
- Participate in one or more of the following activities:
- Formulate marketing tactics and strategic plans for one or more product lines. May coordinate the strategic plans of other Marketing Managers to ensure that the planning process is effective, efficient and assists in meeting long-term objectives
- Develop and oversee marketing project financials; forecast revenues and marketing expenses; and/or develop pricing strategies Run ROI and sequence algorithms on events taken to measure success.
- Manage branding, image positioning, and message of assigned product lines
- Design and implement revenue generating programs for existing products
- Direct marketing communication efforts for assigned product lines. May set visions and objectives for initiatives and garner approval and commitment
- Prepare and execute worldwide launch plans. May lead all commercial activities for development and launch of new systems
- Guide and monitor marketing programs in conjunction with area managers to achieve strategic objectives and financial goals
- Generate sales and marketing materials, including seminars, newsletters, and advertisements. Ensure sales training is first class
- Create and grow alliances with industry gurus and associations in support of the business
- Lead competitive and market analysis to anticipate competitive strategies and offerings
- Provide marketing leadership on commercial core teams, including cross functional identification of project overlap and synergies.
- Lead major marketing initiatives including customer loyalty and marketing
- Collaborate with business development and Research & Development to evaluate Research Stage projects for recommendation to move to New Product Development and/or evaluate and recommend new product development programs
- Provide insight and analysis to senior management regarding marketing opportunities
- Evaluate existing and new markets for new growth opportunities, new products and business opportunities
- Define, establish and achieve all financial and other objectives, provide demand guidance to SIOP process and ensure sufficient product supply
- Set and manage direct expense budgets.
- Create and implement marketing programs designed to increase the utilization of IDEXX products.
- May mentor and train others in marketing practices, tools and knowledge.
- May manage department budgets.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally and with outside agencies. Ensure optimum marketing and sales communication across the division. Collaborate with the sales team to move products into the marketplace.
- Responsible for attaining expert knowledge on the business and application of the product worldwide.
- May mentor, train and coach others.
- May manage staff, assign work, monitor activities, evaluate performance and manage escalated/critical issues. Administer employment actions, provide coaching and guidance to staff and promote staff training and development. Support the development and management of department policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for budget setting, monitoring and control.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Science, or a related discipline
- Typically 3-5+ years of relevant industry experience including strategy development, development and commercialization of new products and core marketing activities
- 2-4+ years of product and/or brand management preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated marketing and product management skills (segmentation, product positioning, pricing, forecasting and promotion, etc.)
- Strong technical and market knowledge
- Strong analytical and modeling expertise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to anticipate and resolve issues
- Ability to prioritize, maintain focus, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to develop and implement strategic programs
- Ability to manage strategy and details concurrently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong/advanced presentation skills; ability to present and explain product information to all audiences
- Proven management and leadership skills as applicable
- Proven ability to work in and lead teams which are highly matrixed, cross functional and technical.
- Financial acumen and budget management skills
- Proficiency in MS office applications–with strong/advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database software
- Basic/solid understanding of SAP, CRM and Business Intelligence