Job ID: 168794
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Our Marketing organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether supporting our digital initiatives, planning our loyalty program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, writing copy, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make the beauty world feel like it's theirs—and our place as the industry leader. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your role at Sephora:
The Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for establishing marketing plans for Sephora brand partners that drive sales and keep Sephora competitive and beloved by clients. This role reports to a Senior Director, Brand Marketing and partners with brands to optimize programs using Sephora's marketing levers. In addition, you will support the business in 3 key areas:
- Serve as main marketing contact for 30 brands simultaneously; own relationship outright. Develop a keen understanding of the brands' businesses, priorities, and products
- Navigate conversations with and advise senior-most marketing leaders in the brands' organizations on both the strategic and tactical level
- Advise the brands on how to win at Sephora from a marketing standpoint, including sampling strategy, social media strategy, and consumer messaging to achieve mutually beneficial business objectives
Beauty Insider Loyalty Program
- Procure and manage Beauty Insider sampling and promotional plans for brands
- Analyze and report on Sephora and brand ROI for the Beauty Insider program. Utilize data to make recommendations and sell brands on continued investment, while also thinking about how to optimize sampling to meet Sephora's needs
Cross-Functional Marketing Lead
- Build reciprocal partnerships cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization: merchandising/brands, creative, store marketing, store education, loyalty, and analytics teams
- Employ a strategic approach to process; organize and divvy up work effectively
- Serve as mentor and role-model to junior team members and cross-functional partners, even if don't have a direct-reporting relationship
We're excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or brand management; agency, retail, and/or beauty industry experience preferred
- Strong digital, social media and non-traditional marketing background a plus
- Excellent technical skills – MS Office (specifically advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Honed presentation skills; confidence in presenting point of view in multiple forums, including leadership level
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Creative self-starter with can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach
- Personable and flexible with demands and changes in extremely fast-moving business environment
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a highly cross-functional team
- Passion for Sephora, our programs, clients, store associates, and marketing
- Ability to travel as required
- Please apply even if you don't meet all of the criteria
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters – it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it. #LI-SCR
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.