With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as a Marketing Manager, Brand, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Lead seasonal marketing planning and execution in one or more of our primary businesses.
- Serve as a Brand Manager for Crate and Barrel seasonal planning across the organization.
- Oversee and manage marketing budget to drive the Crate and Barrel business and track progress against those plans.
- Develop customer lifecycle marketing strategies across all channels.
- Lead the development of sound strategic communication plans based on clear understandings of the objectives.
- Lead cross functional teams across Marketing, Creative and Ecommerce to ensure our brand message is being communicated clearly and effectively across all channels to our consumers.
- Lead content briefings including developing the brief, inspiring great work and keeping the team on time and on budget. Oversee creative development of all marketing materials to support relevant marketing.
- Lead cross-functional partners (media community, creative agency, PR, social media, event, ecommerce, email, direct mail, stores) to execute against key initiatives that support marketing objectives.
- Analyze data, both internal and external, to determine areas of improvement in order to grow market share.
- Research competitive programs and marketing initiatives.
- Partner with media team on strategic direction for media plans supporting all locations and e-Commerce, and partner with media planning team to buy and negotiate media.
- Partner with ecommerce team to create online customer experiences that provide the best branded shopping experience.
- Partner with merchants to ensure product assortment serves needs of our customer, and to identify opportunities to promote specific product for our various segments.
- Assist with development of reporting for store management.
- Understand customer needs and trends for Crate and Barrel segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experiencerequired
- 5-10 years previous marketing and/or retailexperience
- Experience in broad base of marketing vehicles such as email, direct mail, media, PR, online, social media and events
- Proven ability to build an effective, cohesive marketing campaign
- Strong project management skills
- Solid analytical background
- Effective negotiation skills
- Innovate new methods to attract customers to the brand including emerging technology, non-traditional media strategies, and new techniques
- Demonstrate strong command of media and broader advertising research resources, capabilities and limitations
- Understand customer needs and trends for customer segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships
- Excellent reading, written and verbal language skills (English)