Job Summary (General Responsibilities):
The Marketing Manager develops and delivers a fully integrated marketing strategy for the Belkin business through effective research, planning, and budgeting. The position is responsible for managing and executing marketing deliverables for new product introductions (NPIs) and run-rate business including: communication strategy, content creation, product packaging, videos, photography, digital content, in-store content and supporting marketing collateral. This role is instrumental in communicating key stories to all points of touch with consumers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads marketing launches for new product introductions in assigned categories.
- Initiates, defines, and manages all marketing collateral for assigned product lines including developing creative briefs and managing all creative development from initial content through to completion.
- Project manages NPIs and drives proactive and consistent communication with cross-functional teams including Global Product Management Team, Innovative Creative Group, Engineering, Industrial Design Group, Legal Teams, and Packaging Engineering on a daily basis to ensure accuracy of content, copy, specifications, legal marks, etc. for all materials produced.
- Develops and manages launch calendars based on product roadmaps, and ensures deadlines are communicated to global, regional and cross-functional teams.
- Provides direction and leadership to external partners such as vendors, agencies, and internal creative staff to develop best-in-class creative assets that are then produced and delivered on schedule.
- Updates and maintains marketing collateral and content for assigned product categories as needed.
- Develops marketing plans and manages go-to-market execution for key tent pole launches including agency management as needed.
- Oversees all communications to ensure that campaigns and marketing collateral are in line with Belkin branding and business objectives.
- Collaborates with regional teams to understand regional requirements related to packaging, messaging, digital, and video content. May create deliverables for various regions (Americas, EMEA, APEA, ANZ) to ensure timely launches within the regions.
- Collaborates with the Digital marketing team to develop best in class Belkin.com and Amazon content.
- Understands and enforces brand and legal requirements for application of third party logos, certifications, and brand guidelines for partnerships and awards.
- Collaborates with the Consumer Insights Team to execute consumer insights research. Translates results into effective direction that meets Company goals for best in class marketing materials and maximum impact in the market.
- Performs frequent retail audits to understand and identify shopper purchase hurdles and drivers, shares results within the company to drive improvements.
- Maintains general awareness of marketing trends, pop culture, as well as key trends within the consumer electronics industry.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years direct experience working in marketing, brand management, communications and media projects.
- Detail oriented individual, with strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or business administration or other applicable discipline.
- Experience working in marketing agency preferred.
- Consumer products or consumer electronics experience is preferred.
- Experience managing marketing projects.
- A working knowledge of design, photography, and creative collateral.
- Ability to work well with others; team player and customer focused.
- Must be flexible, open to change, and have the ability to shift direction and priorities often.