A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Sr. Specialist of Digital Marketing + Social Media, Americas drives the daily execution and reporting of HARMAN digital marketing, engagement, and education activities including online campaigns, digital content management, digital media and SEM activities with a focus on music, sports and culture. This position is a key member of the internal digital marketing team that works closely across all functions, peers in the marketing organization, external agency resources, and the Americas team to conceive and implement digital programs to deeply engage current audiences, attract new consumers, and support HARMAN’s key brands via paid, owned, and earned media. This team member will execute day-to-day digital operations and team processes, including documentation and campaign execution, while implementing policies and best practices.
This position does not have any direct reports.
- Digital +Social Media Marketing Campaigns & Communications - Work with HARMAN resources and agencies to implement unique and brand-specific campaigns and programs for building awareness, interest, engagement, and purchase consideration through online creative and messaging strategies. Investigate emerging technologies, tools and enhancements that can increase traffic, brand awareness and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Content Marketing – Manage day-to-day execution of online content development, working with the global product managers, brand services, and agencies to create content, production schedules, and content dissemination plans. Work with Global Product Managers to align marketing campaigns and rich product content to integrate into the New Product Introduction (NPI) Process. Develop, document, and deploy content creationprocesses and operationalize content management within each country for HARMAN brand campaigns.
- Content Calendar Management – Coordinate content publication calendar with marketing team and regions to develop on-time deployment of content and assets including videos, html landing pages, banners, for key NPI products, campaigns, promotions, and new product series and categories.
- Agency management – Seamlessly manage and work with multiple agency partners on marketing efforts from beginning to execution. This includes day-to-day comm management with agency partners, and ensuring our KPIs are being met.
- Digital Outreach – Coordinate with advertising agencies and PR to connect offline advertising, seeding, and review efforts to broader digital marketing efforts. Work with HARMAN divisions to effectively leverage and support HARMAN’s business initiatives, showcase our key brands as the industry leaders in audio and increase the relevance of the role HARMAN technologies in delivering our brand promise.
- Measurement – Populate scorecard metrics and dashboards that will be used to consistently monitor key digital marketing metrics in paid, earned, and owned media channels. Identify improvements in key metrics for ongoing campaigns including digital media, SEM, display, Facebook, other social media. Monitor and report on key performance indicators for all programs, while identifying emerging opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with demonstrated success in driving digital marketing initiatives from concept, execution and reporting.
- Experience in execution of brand campaigns, digital media, online promotions, content development, and search.
- Proven experience - participating within a team framework teams that deliver, creative digitalcampaigns, innovative media programs, and effective search campaigns while driving content and messaging improvements rooted in compelling storytelling.
- Understanding of Web 2.0 principles and experience with emerging platforms and tactics. Knowledge of digital marketing, engagement, media trends and analytics, industry direction and emerging tactics.
- Experience coordinating and integrating across multiple stakeholders, executing and implementing Americas digital marketing strategies to achieve outstanding results.
- Project Management Skills: exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Experience working within, managing, and interacting with international and cross-functional teams.
Social Media execution, including native posting, Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, etc.) and light video editing skills a plus
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time. This person will need to be comfortable traveling to metro-NYC area once a month, for a few days per trip.
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.