- Assist Head of Marketing Finance in managing and controlling business unit financial activities.
- Conduct complex financial analysis and develop reports to provide insight to business operations.
- Work closely with management in managing and reporting on special projects.
- Train financial analysts and senior financial analysts.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises assigned personnel.
- Consolidate monthly budget variance analysis and forecasting reports, provide recommendations and present it to management.
- Consolidate monthly key performance indicator metrics reports and provide analysis on trends and drivers.
- Review and improve financial and business models to provide the business additional insight to make decisions on improving the business.
- Review special projects and initiatives to provide critical feedback to business partners.
- Evaluate annual financial plan for correct linkages to the strategic and tactical business plans.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, analysis and conduct special projects as necessary.
- Analyze underlying business factors that drive expenses within the department.
- Conduct financial review of vendors and review Capital Appropriation Proposals.
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Manage department wide operational projects and initiatives as needed.
Physical Actions Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing. Physical Environment Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- External candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience including 1 year as an Accounting or Finance Supervisor.
- The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.
Special Skill Requirement
- Advanced Excel skills including working knowledge of pivot tables, macros and functions.
- Working knowledge of Access software.
- Proficient in applicable business software such as Business Objects, SAP and Mobius.