We are seeking a Marketing Events Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and “swiss army knife” acumen in managing an events portfolio which includes virtual, digital and in person events and experiences. He/she will be responsible for planning, executing and measuring a variety of AppFolio events programs including trade shows, executive events and experiences, gifting programs and others as part of AppFolio’s overall event mix. Additionally, this person will develop and manage custom tailored market-specific event marketing programs, working closely with teams to design, execute, and measure strategic events targeted to both prospect and customer audiences. In support of AppFolio’s partner ecosystem, this role will also be responsible for ongoing partner sourcing and relationship management, as well as project management of partner advertising deliverables.
He/she will be proficient in end-to-end events planning, from pre-event concepting/ideation and strategy to the post-event measurement analysis and reporting. Key elements of the job include managing program goals, ensuring target audience messaging/positioning at events, staying on brand, audience acquisition, lead generation, supporting speaker and thought leadership plan, full-scope event logistics, collateral and assets, customer gifting program, sponsorship fulfillment, onsite event management, attendee experience, and event business impact measurement and analysis. Your core mission is to successfully execute events experiences that are unique and memorable, and help drive customer retention and pipeline.
The Marketing Events Manager will successfully collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams, including our dedicated segment teams, Product Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, Creative, Business Development, Communications, Finance, Legal, Procurement, IT and must have some experience working with C-suite / executive leadership team. The right candidate will be a pro multi-tasker, fun to work with, able to problem solve and thrive in a fast paced environment, and adaptable to business needs.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders to help develop and manage event marketing plans for specifically assigned events.
- Execute event & partnership contracts, program allocation and invoicing in partnership with Events, Marketing Operations and Procurement Teams.
- In partnership with stakeholders, including dedicated segment team leadership and Event Operations - help develop and support strategy and manage relationships with partner organizations for sponsorships, advertising, and events. Collaborate with external partners and identify opportunities to broaden and/or strengthen working relationships that drive greater demand generation effectiveness, reach and efficiency.
- Partner with cross-functional AppFolio leadership and teams to drive outcomes for each event attendee and staff for each event, based on the needs of specific event types. Drive metrics including MQLs, new names, and customer retention across various event programs and platforms.
- Develop and execute segment specific event marketing campaigns, in conjunction with a holistic view of the marketing calendar, to create an integrated, customized experience for prospect and customer registrants and attendees.
- In collaboration with Digital and Social teams, bridge offline and online presence through search, social, paid media, mobile, in-person events, etc. to create a consistent, nurturing experience across channels that generates excitement and engagement.
- Support collection of appropriate event-related data to assist in post-event evaluations and reporting. Analyze previous campaign, channel and customer data to inform planning and personalization strategies.
- Partner with sales to create enablement materials and campaigns that create and accelerate revenue opportunities with attendees pre- and post-conference.
- Detailed coordination of end-to-end event logistics.
- Expense/cost tracking to ensure delivery within budget.
- Active participation with the wider team to share knowledge, experience and with team-wide initiatives as needed.
- In partnership with Event Operations, manage ongoing customer/prospect gifting campaigns.
- Project management of AppFolio’s presence at third-party virtual events and webinars, including management of cross-functional team deliverables, working with Sales and Product teams to staff events appropriately, and pre-/post-event reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred).
- 5-7+ years of experience in corporate events including tradeshows, executive and field events, and others.
- 3-5+ years project and/or campaign management experience in B2B marketing. Experience with customer acquisition preferred.
- Acumen with creating dynamic experiences that delight and wow audiences.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and meticulous organizational skills.
- Flexibility, and the agility to jump into (and between) projects as needed as well as possess the initiative to notice a need and offer assistance where applicable.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication aptitude and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic. Entrepreneurial, easily can wear multiple hats and thrives on figuring things out and working in a nimble work environment.
- The ability to form and develop productive relationships both within the company, external vendors or partners.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, consistency and transparency.
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability.
- Highly-responsive, attentive, and quick to react to new and urgent requests.
- Resourceful, ability to problem solve and adapt to a fast pace and changing environment.
- Post-COVID, when in person events return, domestic travel is required - potentially up to 20-25%, and must be flexible to work weekends and some evenings per the needs of the Events schedule/calendar.
- Keen ability to keep track of and manage minutiae in a dynamic environment.
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with a positive attitude, who is also calm under pressure and has a great sense of humor and fun to work with is a plus.
- Technically proficient, familiarity with Google Suite, Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Slack or similar tools is a plus.
- Experience in Real Estate and knowledge of the nuances of Community Associations is not required but is a plus!